    frozen solid requiring a reboot. Any ideas why?
    --
    Thanks Steve

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgS2VsbG9nZw==?=, Feb 23, 2007

  2. Hi
    Wireless Security has to match on the Wireless Router and the Wireless
    computer.
    So if it works OK when WEP is On, it means that both Wireless Router and
    Wireless Computer are set with WEP and this is the way it should work.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 24, 2007

  3. Hi Jack,

    When I turn WEP on the compter locks up connecting to the network. When I
    have WEP off, I can connect fine. It is a strange problem I have never seen
    and can't figure ot.
    --
    Thanks Steve

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgS2VsbG9nZw==?=, Feb 24, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgS2VsbG9nZw==?=

    BruceM Guest

    Jack had a bad night & lost his glassess.
    Does it do it regardless if you use XP to connect or the wireless cards
    "program"?
    In other words, try to set it to "let windows manage........." & then try it
    without.
    Doing it without WZC make sure you double check it's OFF by going into
    sevices & STOPPING the WZC service & then try it. Still locking up?

    BruceM, Feb 24, 2007
  5. Hi
    First follow sharp eyes BruceM ;-) advice.
    Switching WZC ob and Off here, http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    When you are sure that only one Application manages the Wireless, try the
    WEP again, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#wep
    If your Router and Wireless card can do WPA it is better to use WPA.
    My Wireless does not work - http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.htm
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 24, 2007