    drivers with newest versions. it does this in games like GTAIII, Need 4
    Speed, Command & Conquer Generals. Old games that dont use much graphics run
    fine. Please help.

    Will Greene, Mar 2, 2004

  2. What Video Card and CPU do you have? You problem may be that either one or
    both is too slow.

    "Will Greene" <> wrote in message
    > Hi when ever i play i newish game my computer locks up it may be 5 mins

    into
    > game or and hour its totally random, i have reinstalled Windows (XP PRO

    and

    Mr.SlippyFist, Mar 2, 2004

  3. Will Greene

    Unknown Guest

    Don't overlook a potential heat problem. Are your cooling fans clean and
    running?

    Unknown, Mar 2, 2004
  4. Will Greene

    Will Greene Guest

    it is an XP PRO 1600+ 1GB ram and a Geforce4 MX 440

    i will give it a clean and make sure its not to warm,
    any other sugestions if not?

    Will Greene, Mar 2, 2004
  5. Will Greene

    °Mike° Guest

    It's interesting that you note old games do not
    cause the problem. Do you have enough RAM,
    and is your graphics card up to scratch for the
    newer, 3D games?

    On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 14:22:53 -0000, in
    <%M01c.5644$>
    Will Greene scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Mar 2, 2004
  6. Will Greene

    Plato Guest

    Will Greene wrote:

    > Hi when ever i play i newish game my computer locks up it may be 5 mins into
    > game or and hour its totally random, i have reinstalled Windows (XP PRO and

    Low on hard drive space ie no room for swap? Or did some idiot set a max
    for your swap file?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Mar 3, 2004