    Try it and post back here with your result and we will see who is the PC
    Expert amongst us.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Feb 1, 2005

  2. Collector»NZ wrote:
    > http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
    > Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
    > questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.

    92%, 55 correct, the 5 I got wrong I knew that I didn't know.
    legal questions, HD-DVD question and two others I didn't make a note of.

    I've been considered for their Hall of Fame... me thinks it is too easy
    to get into.

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 1, 2005

  3. Collector»NZ

    Chris Hope Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:

    > http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
    > Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
    > questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.
    >
    > Try it and post back here with your result and we will see who is the
    > PC Expert amongst us.

    51/60

    Chris Hope, Feb 1, 2005
  4. Collector»NZ

    froggy Guest

    On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:39:55 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >> http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
    >> Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
    >> questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.

    > 92%, 55 correct, the 5 I got wrong I knew that I didn't know.
    > legal questions, HD-DVD question and two others I didn't make a note of.
    >
    > I've been considered for their Hall of Fame... me thinks it is too easy
    > to get into.

    51 / 60 here and ditto on hall of fame

    some of it felt like an A+ exam

    froggy, Feb 1, 2005
  5. On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:39:08 +1300, Collector»NZ
    <> wrote in

    > http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
    > Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
    > questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.
    >
    > Try it and post back here with your result and we will see who is the PC
    > Expert amongst us.

    Long test :: 57/60 :=95% Dipped on a couple of US-specific questions.

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Feb 1, 2005
  6. In <> Collector?NZ wrote:
    > http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
    > Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
    > questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.
    >
    > Try it and post back here with your result and we will see who is the
    > PC Expert amongst us.

    56 out of 60

    Not bad for a Mac user :p

    http://vintageware.orcon.net.nz/

    Roger Johnstone, Feb 1, 2005
  7. froggy wrote:
    >>>http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
    >>>Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
    >>>questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.

    >>92%, 55 correct, the 5 I got wrong I knew that I didn't know.
    >>legal questions, HD-DVD question and two others I didn't make a note of.

    > 51 / 60 here and ditto on hall of fame

    heh, now I feel less special.

    > some of it felt like an A+ exam

    been wondering if I should sit that, you know, just for a bit of paper
    to slap up somewhere... that and an MCSE or something.

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 1, 2005
  8. Roger Johnstone wrote:
    > 56 out of 60

    congrats.

    > Not bad for a Mac user :p

    wow, and I thought mac users were all just pretty and im-practical /sarcasm.

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 1, 2005
  9. Collector»NZ

    XPD Guest

    "Collector»NZ" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
    > Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
    > questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.
    >
    > Try it and post back here with your result and we will see who is the PC
    > Expert amongst us.

    55/60 = 92% :)
    Im happy with that :)

    XPD, Feb 1, 2005
  10. Collector»NZ

    Enkidu Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
    >> Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
    >> questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.

    > 92%, 55 correct, the 5 I got wrong I knew that I didn't know.
    > legal questions, HD-DVD question and two others I didn't make a note of.
    >
    > I've been considered for their Hall of Fame... me thinks it is too easy
    > to get into.

    I missed 8. But I did it pretty fast. I was also considered
    for the HoF!

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Feb 1, 2005
  11. Collector»NZ wrote:
    > http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
    > Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
    > questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.
    >
    > Try it and post back here with your result and we will see who is the PC
    > Expert amongst us.

    51/60 (12 mins) quite a popular score here ! :)

    Robert Bradshaw, Feb 1, 2005
  12. Collector»NZ

    froggy Guest

    On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:47:03 +1300, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

    > On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:39:08 +1300, Collector»NZ
    > <> wrote in
    >
    >> http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
    >> Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
    >> questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.
    >>
    >> Try it and post back here with your result and we will see who is the PC
    >> Expert amongst us.

    > Long test :: 57/60 :=95% Dipped on a couple of US-specific questions.

    yeah... who knows the minimum statutory fine for copyright infringement in
    the US?? (with regards to mp3's)
    I demand my money back!

    froggy, Feb 1, 2005
  13. Roger Johnstone said the following on 1/02/2005 8:48 p.m.:
    > In <> Collector?NZ wrote:
    >
    >>http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
    >>Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
    >>questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.
    >>
    >>Try it and post back here with your result and we will see who is the
    >>PC Expert amongst us.

    > 56 out of 60
    >
    > Not bad for a Mac user :p

    Ah so I share First Place with a Macie

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Feb 1, 2005
  14. Collector»NZ

    Ross Guest

    <> wrote:

    >http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
    >Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
    >questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.
    >
    >Try it and post back here with your result and we will see who is the PC
    >Expert amongst us.

    56/60
    Ross

    Ross, Feb 1, 2005
  15. Nicolaas Hawkins said the following on 1/02/2005 8:47 p.m.:
    > On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:39:08 +1300, Collector»NZ
    > <> wrote in
    >

    >>http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
    >>Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
    >>questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.
    >>
    >>Try it and post back here with your result and we will see who is the PC
    >>Expert amongst us.

    > Long test :: 57/60 :=95% Dipped on a couple of US-specific questions.

    Bugger you beat me.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Feb 1, 2005
  16. froggy said the following on 1/02/2005 9:03 p.m.:
    > On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:47:03 +1300, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >

    >>On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:39:08 +1300, Collector»NZ
    >><> wrote in
    >>

    >>>http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
    >>>Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
    >>>questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.
    >>>
    >>>Try it and post back here with your result and we will see who is the PC
    >>>Expert amongst us.

    >>Long test :: 57/60 :=95% Dipped on a couple of US-specific questions.

    > yeah... who knows the minimum statutory fine for copyright infringement in
    > the US?? (with regards to mp3's)
    > I demand my money back!

    Sure give me your address and I will send you Zero Dollars :cool:

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Feb 1, 2005
  17. Collector»NZ

    froggy Guest

    On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 21:18:30 +1300, Collector»NZ wrote:

    > froggy said the following on 1/02/2005 9:03 p.m.:
    >> On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:47:03 +1300, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >>

    >>>On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:39:08 +1300, Collector»NZ
    >>><> wrote in

    >>>Long test :: 57/60 :=95% Dipped on a couple of US-specific questions.

    >> yeah... who knows the minimum statutory fine for copyright infringement in
    >> the US?? (with regards to mp3's)
    >> I demand my money back!

    > Sure give me your address and I will send you Zero Dollars :cool:

    will you be needing a receipt for gst purposes sir?

    froggy, Feb 1, 2005
  18. On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 21:17:25 +1300, Collector»NZ
    <> wrote in

    > Nicolaas Hawkins said the following on 1/02/2005 8:47 p.m.:
    >> On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:39:08 +1300, Collector»NZ
    >> <> wrote in
    >>
    >>>http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
    >>>Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
    >>>questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.
    >>>
    >>>Try it and post back here with your result and we will see who is the PC
    >>>Expert amongst us.

    >> Long test :: 57/60 :=95% Dipped on a couple of US-specific questions.
    >>

    > Bugger you beat me.

    I have to admit I surprised me a bit. I knew most of the answers, but a
    couple of them were educated guesses and I must have got lucky. The
    yank-oriented stuff I simply passed on.

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    .... If all else fails, you can always unplug the bloody thing.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Feb 1, 2005
  19. On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 21:18:30 +1300, Collector»NZ
    <> wrote in

    > froggy said the following on 1/02/2005 9:03 p.m.:
    >> On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:47:03 +1300, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:39:08 +1300, Collector»NZ
    >>><> wrote in

    >>>Long test :: 57/60 :=95% Dipped on a couple of US-specific questions.

    >> yeah... who knows the minimum statutory fine for copyright infringement in
    >> the US?? (with regards to mp3's)
    >> I demand my money back!

    > Sure give me your address and I will send you Zero Dollars :cool:

    Bugger the money-back bit. "Yerronna, I move for a mis-trial!"

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    .... Love is free. The results aren't. Not for 18 years.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Feb 1, 2005
  20. froggy said the following on 1/02/2005 9:37 p.m.:
    > On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 21:18:30 +1300, Collector»NZ wrote:
    >

    >>froggy said the following on 1/02/2005 9:03 p.m.:

    >>>yeah... who knows the minimum statutory fine for copyright infringement in
    >>>the US?? (with regards to mp3's)
    >>>I demand my money back!

    >>Sure give me your address and I will send you Zero Dollars :cool:

    > will you be needing a receipt for gst purposes sir?

    Yes for twice the value I like to get paid for collecting the Govt. Share.

    :cool:

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Feb 1, 2005