    vendor where I could purchase a kit with properly matched components and
    instructions on what to do?

    Thanks
    RS, Oct 22, 2004

  2. RS

    Brian Guest

    "RS" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:...
    > I would like to try to build my own computer. Does anyone know of a

    reliable
    > vendor where I could purchase a kit with properly matched components and
    > instructions on what to do?
    >
    > Thanks

    naaa. the malaysian children build them so cheap (pennies a day) and fast
    that its not worth offering DIY kits. the extra packaging would cost a lot
    more than their wage..
    Brian, Oct 22, 2004

  3. RS

    Matt Pascoe Guest

    Best to buy a book to take you through it then maybe try Ebuyer for parts.
    If you want to risk it ebay. But recommend you buy with warrentee

    Matt Pascoe, Oct 22, 2004
  4. RS

    Ross Durie Guest

    Cleaning the toilet is harder than building a computer - no instructions
    should be necessary.

    --
    Ross

    Ross Durie, Oct 23, 2004
  5. RS

    James Hilton Guest

    "RS" <> wrote in message
    > I would like to try to build my own computer. Does anyone know of a

    reliable
    > vendor where I could purchase a kit with properly matched components and
    > instructions on what to do?
    >
    > Thanks

    Have a look here, you might find it handy. BTW I pasted "build my own
    computer" into the search engine. http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/index.htm
    James Hilton, Oct 23, 2004
  6. RS

    dan Guest

    Are you serious? A kit! That sounds so stupid. Building legos is harder than
    building a computer.

    dan, Oct 24, 2004
  7. RS

    JD Guest

    dan wrote:
    > Are you serious? A kit! That sounds so stupid. Building legos is harder than
    > building a computer.
    > "RS" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I would like to try to build my own computer. Does anyone know of a
    >>reliable
    >>vendor where I could purchase a kit with properly matched components and
    >>instructions on what to do?
    >>
    >>Thanks

    No joke seen adverts for kits in a computer magazine .. building a
    computer is fairly simple you would find it far cheeper to buy a book
    and then get the components yourself.
    JD, Oct 25, 2004
  8. RS

    Matt Pascoe Guest

    If your not sure about building your own computer then start reading on the
    net about it or buy a book to aid your mission.

    Matt Pascoe, Oct 28, 2004