    I'm guessing either a bad power supply or an overheating CPU (although
    we get no errors).

    Please advise.

    Ludwig77, Jun 24, 2006

  2. Ludwig77

    Frosty Guest

    On or about 24 Jun 2006 03:40:46 -0700, an entity identified as
    "Ludwig77" <> proudly proclaimed:

    >We have a Dell computer that keeps shutting down every 15 minutes with
    >no error messages.
    >
    >What could this be?
    >
    >I'm guessing either a bad power supply or an overheating CPU (although
    >we get no errors).
    >
    >Please advise.

    Swap power cords first.
    I got a new power supply on the advice of *someone* and when I
    installed it the problems remained. I swapped out the cords just for
    grins & giggles. Now I have a spare power supply. <sigh>

    SilverMan
    --

    Real debate; No bullshit.(OK, well maybe a little.)

    & http://halebobb.com

    Frosty, Jun 24, 2006

  3. Ludwig77

    old man Guest

    But what do the system Event log files say?

    old man, Jun 24, 2006
  4. Ludwig77

    mikef Guest

    "old man" <> wrote in message
    > But what do the system Event log files say?
    >
    > "Ludwig77" <> wrote in message
    >> We have a Dell computer that keeps shutting down every 15 minutes with
    >> no error messages.
    >>
    >> What could this be?
    >>
    >> I'm guessing either a bad power supply or an overheating CPU (although
    >> we get no errors).
    >>
    >> Please advise.

    power saving/auto hibernate settings??

    mikef, Jun 24, 2006
  5. Ludwig77

    striker Guest

    Had that problem and it was a bad cpu fan.

    striker, Jun 24, 2006

    andrew sanderson, Jun 25, 2006
  7. Ludwig77

    Plato Guest