    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Phil
    Phil, Nov 8, 2005

  2. Phil

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > After about an hour my computer keeps turning off.
    > It will not turn on from the cpu so I have to unplug and re-plug the power
    > from the wall.
    > Any ideas?

    I had one in doing that last week. Change of power supply worked for me

    Dan Evans, Nov 8, 2005

  3. Phil

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 07:10:40 -0500, "Phil" <> wrote:

    >After about an hour my computer keeps turning off.
    >It will not turn on from the cpu so I have to unplug and re-plug the power
    >from the wall.
    >Any ideas?

    Motherboard overheating?

    You didn't really provide a whole lot of details.
    Evan Platt, Nov 8, 2005
  4. Phil

    Trax Guest

    Trax, Nov 8, 2005
  5. Phil

    Quinch Guest

    Trax wrote:
    > "Phil" <> wrote:
    >
    > |>After about an hour my computer keeps turning off.
    > |>It will not turn on from the cpu so I have to unplug and re-plug the power
    > |>from the wall.
    > |>Any ideas?
    >
    > Power good signal, replace the PSU to test it.
    > http://www.pcguide.com/ref/power/sup/funcPowerGood-c.html

    Had a similar problem that went away after I replaced the dead
    motherboard fan.

    Regards,

    Quinch
    Quinch, Nov 8, 2005
  6. Phil

    The Prophecy Guest

    Phil wrote:
    > After about an hour my computer keeps turning off.
    > It will not turn on from the cpu so I have to unplug and re-plug the
    > power from the wall.
    > Any ideas?
    > Thanks,
    > Phil

    Could be any of the following:

    1. Virus. Reboot, get into safe mode and run a virus scan. Remove all
    infected files.

    2. Dirty case fans, processor fan and power supply fan. Clean all of the
    fans inside your computer case. If the room your computer is in is very warm
    most of the time, find a way to keep the room cooler or consider moving your
    computer to a different room.

    3. Like the other people who replied suggested, it could be a bad piece of
    hardware. Power supply would be a good candidate.

    4. This one is highly unlikely, but it could be a short circuit on the
    motherboard somewhere.
    The Prophecy, Nov 8, 2005
  7. Phil

    Plato Guest

    Phil wrote:

    > After about an hour my computer keeps turning off.
    > It will not turn on from the cpu so I have to unplug and re-plug the power
    > from the wall.

    If it just turns off with no error message beforehand it may be a bad
    power supply or something else overheating.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Nov 8, 2005
  8. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Thanks Dan,
    I changed the power supply and I am back working.

    Phil, Nov 11, 2005
  9. Phil

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message

    > Thanks Dan,
    > I changed the power supply and I am back working.

    NP

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Nov 11, 2005