    Is there a free program that I can download that makes a boot disk that
    reads NTFS ?

    Ihave SATA drives in this computer so I can't slave it to another computer.

    Koss, Apr 24, 2007

  2. "Koss" <> wrote in
    news::

    > My computer keeps rebooting. I turn it on and it grts to the WinXP
    > logo screen and then reboots and does the same thing over & over.
    > I have swapped out the power supply, mover around the memory etc.
    > I now think it is the operating system.
    >
    > I want to format C: drive and reinstall the operating system but I
    > first need a boot disk that reads NTFS so I can save some
    > important files.
    >
    > Is there a free program that I can download that makes a boot disk
    > that reads NTFS ?
    >
    > Ihave SATA drives in this computer so I can't slave it to another
    > computer.

    Two free possibilities:

    "Ultimate Boot CD for Windows"
    <http://www.ubcd4win.com/>
    "Knoppix" (Live Linux CD)
    <http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html>

    HTH,
    John

    John Wunderlich, Apr 24, 2007

  3. Koss

    philo Guest

    "Koss" <> wrote in message
    > My computer keeps rebooting. I turn it on and it grts to the WinXP logo
    > screen and then reboots and does the same thing over & over. I have

    swapped
    > out the power supply, mover around the memory etc. I now think it is the
    > operating system.
    >
    > I want to format C: drive and reinstall the operating system but I first
    > need a boot disk that reads NTFS so I can save some important files.
    >
    > Is there a free program that I can download that makes a boot disk that
    > reads NTFS ?
    >
    > Ihave SATA drives in this computer so I can't slave it to another

    computer.

    No need to reinstall...you can perform a repair install

    philo, Apr 24, 2007
  4. Koss

    Koss Guest

    Never did that. Any links to read up on it?

    Koss, Apr 25, 2007
  5. Koss

    philo Guest

    "Koss" <> wrote in message
    > Never did that. Any links to read up on it?

    Just google for "Repair installtion"

    Note : you will need your SATA drivers too

    philo, Apr 25, 2007