    blue screen seconds before rebooting.

    I barely have time to do anything when logged in before the blue
    screen comes up. Any help would be appreciated.
    Folap, Sep 27, 2004

  2. Folap

    Unk Guest

    On 26 Sep 2004 16:03:45 -0700, (Folap) wrote:

    >Hello, im running an XP Pro machine and today my mother clicked on the
    >automatic updates button. The latest XP service pack began to install
    >when the computer froze and she manually rebooted the computer. Now
    >the computer will appear to start up fine, however once logged in it
    >will be begin to detect a bunch of new hardware and then crash to a
    >blue screen seconds before rebooting.
    >
    >I barely have time to do anything when logged in before the blue
    >screen comes up. Any help would be appreciated.

    How to Restore the Operating System to a Previous State in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306084

    How to Restore Windows XP to a Previous State
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/itpro/managing/restore.asp

    How to start the System Restore tool at a command prompt in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304449

    Click start, Run. In the run box, type:
    SFC /scannow (Press Enter)
    Have your XP CD ready.