    know what the problem is. If I turn on the devices first before the
    computer everything is fine. Any ideas anyone?

    Thanks.
    Tom, Mar 29, 2005

  2. Tom

    °Mike° Guest

    Have you checked for conflicts in Device Manager?

    Have you tried different/checked the USB connectors?

    Also, check your motherboard manufacturer, to see
    if you require a BIOS upgrade to address this problem.

    In <Nlj2e.24787$4%>,
    Tom took 12 lines to utter:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Mar 29, 2005

  3. Tom

    Jana Guest

    XP can be critical for the device drivers used. Also check with the
    manufacture of your mother board, if you require a BIOS upgrade.

    It is best to work from a fresh install, rather than an upgrade when going
    from 98 or ME to XP.

    Some very good references that may assist to help you resolve your issue.

    Excellent information about driver issues with XP
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/compat/default.mspx

    Troubleshooting hardware issues with XP
    http://labmice.techtarget.com/windowsxp/TroubleshootingXP/hardware.htm

    --