    path not found". I got to believe this has nothing to do with the
    laptop being wireless, but what do I know, I'm new at this. Thanks for
    any replies.
    BobD, Nov 8, 2005

  2. Hello BobD,

    If any of the computers have the Windows Firewall enabled, make sure it is
    properly configured for file and printer sharing. If you've installed a
    third party firewall program like Norton or ZoneAlarm, make sure that it's
    configured to allow access on the local area network.

    --
    Eric Cross
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)

    Eric Cross [MVP], Nov 8, 2005

  3. BobD

    BobD Guest

    Eric,

    I have Windows HP (Media Edition) with SP2, and I also have Norton.

    Should the Windows Firewall be ON, and the Files and Print Sharing be
    enabled/checked? If these are set, and it still doesn't work, is it
    likely Norton blocking it?
    BobD, Nov 8, 2005
  4. Hi
    Jack (MVP-Networking).