    Jim

    "Facts are the enemy of truth."
    - Don Quixote - "Man of La Mancha"
    James D Andrews, Jul 8, 2011

  2. Robert Baer snuck on to your hard drive to scribble:
    > James D Andrews wrote:
    >> A little irony - if you uninstall CCleaner, it leaves behind its registry
    >> entries and a few files.
    >>
    >> I only found this out because I was uninstalling to install a newer
    >> version, and I use Revo Uninstaller to remove everything.
    >>
    >> Thought that was funny so I figured I'd share.
    >>

    > Of the umpteen programs i have installed and un-installed since Win95,
    > with one exception ALL programs leave garbage like this behind.
    > Sadly, i do not remember which one.

    Mostly it's just MUI Cache entries, but I hate when I come across
    programs that leave their tendrils all over the comp.

    Fortunately, by using Revo, I clear these up during Uninstall rather
    than letting them build up. And, of course, I can always use CCleaner
    to clean out any leftovers :)

    --
    -There are some who call me...
    Jim

    "Distrust any enterprise that requires new clothes."
    - Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)
    James D Andrews, Jul 9, 2011