    Do not have manual and see no way to turn on screen saver. Anyone
    know how to do this?

    Thanks
    jtrip9ball, Nov 13, 2006

  2. jtrip9ball

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 09:36:19 -0800, jtrip9ball Has Frothed:

    > Hooking up computer to Mitsubishi VGA impute. When I choose the VGA
    > impute on tv it says "Warning turn on Screen saver see owner manual"
    > Do not have manual and see no way to turn on screen saver. Anyone
    > know how to do this?
    >
    > Thanks

    Right click on desktop and choose properties then tab over to screensave.

    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Nov 13, 2006

  3. jtrip9ball

    Evan Platt Guest

    wrote:

    >Hooking up computer to Mitsubishi VGA impute. When I choose the VGA
    >impute on tv it says "Warning turn on Screen saver see owner manual"
    >Do not have manual and see no way to turn on screen saver. Anyone
    >know how to do this?

    Well, might help if you specified a model of this TV.

    Is there a MENU or Setup button on the remote or on the tv itself?
    Evan Platt, Nov 13, 2006
  4. jtrip9ball

    jtrip9ball Guest

    TV is Model # WS65869 Has setuo button on remote buttt see nothing
    about screen savers.

    te:

    jtrip9ball, Nov 13, 2006
  5. jtrip9ball

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 11:06:29 -0800, jtrip9ball Has Frothed:

    > TV is Model # WS65869 Has setuo button on remote buttt see nothing
    > about screen savers.

    Sure it doesn't mean to turn the PC screen saver on?

    Meat Plow, Nov 13, 2006
  6. jtrip9ball

    lee houston Guest

    "jtrip9ball" <> wrote in message
    > Hooking up computer to Mitsubishi VGA impute. When I choose the VGA
    > impute on tv it says "Warning turn on Screen saver see owner manual"
    > Do not have manual and see no way to turn on screen saver. Anyone
    > know how to do this?

    maybe 'it' is referring to the TV owner manual?

    try google: WS65869+owner+manual and variations of that.

    lee houston, Nov 13, 2006
  7. jtrip9ball

    jtrip9ball Guest

    Thanks everyone for their help. Found a manual online. They were
    refering to computer screen saver but the way it was worded I was
    worried it meant a screen saver on tv.
    jtrip9ball, Nov 13, 2006
  8. jtrip9ball

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 20:40:28 GMT, "lee houston"
    <> wrote:

    >"jtrip9ball" <> wrote in message
    >> Hooking up computer to Mitsubishi VGA impute. When I choose the VGA
    >> impute on tv it says "Warning turn on Screen saver see owner manual"
    >> Do not have manual and see no way to turn on screen saver. Anyone
    >> know how to do this?

    >maybe 'it' is referring to the TV owner manual?

    What is 'it'?

    You mean "Warning, turn on screen saver see owner manual?"

    Yeahhh.. You could be right. Maybe it IS referring to the owners
    manual.
    Evan Platt, Nov 13, 2006
  9. jtrip9ball

    JANA Guest

    They mean to use the screen saver in the computer that is feeding the TV
    set!

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Nov 14, 2006
  10. jtrip9ball

    lee houston Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 20:40:28 GMT, "lee houston"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>"jtrip9ball" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hooking up computer to Mitsubishi VGA impute. When I choose the VGA
    >>> impute on tv it says "Warning turn on Screen saver see owner manual"
    >>> Do not have manual and see no way to turn on screen saver. Anyone
    >>> know how to do this?

    >>maybe 'it' is referring to the TV owner manual?

    > What is 'it'?
    > You mean "Warning, turn on screen saver see owner manual?"
    > Yeahhh.. You could be right. Maybe it IS referring to the owners
    > manual.

    The OP didn't clarify if the manual was for the computer
    or the TV. I notice you 'conveniently' deleted the Google
    search string I provided in your sarcastic reply.

    Are you trying to be a rude wanker or is this just your 'style'?
    Not too charming, platt.
    lee houston, Nov 14, 2006
  11. jtrip9ball

    jtrip9ball Guest

    OK got her running OK in safe mode, now have to find out how to make
    WinXP Pro run in normal mode and use a vga driver. Any hints

    Thanks
    jtrip9ball, Nov 14, 2006
  12. jtrip9ball

    > OK got her running OK in safe mode, now have to find out how to make
    > WinXP Pro run in normal mode and use a vga driver. Any hints
    >
    > Thanks

    do you mean you now have the TV serving as your monitor
    attached to your computer's VGA connector?

    Safe Mode is a very low resolution. Do you have a computer
    monitor (not tv) to try some resolution settings on?

    Right click on desktop > properties > settings and try
    800 x 600.

    Also check in your tv manual and see the Number
    of Lines. this governs your vertical resolution. Most
    newer quality tVs will offer are around 730 lines as I
    recall. Which will clip a 1024 x 758 resolution a bit.

    lee
    lee houston, Nov 14, 2006
  13. jtrip9ball

    jtrip9ball Guest

    jtrip9ball, Nov 15, 2006
  14. jtrip9ball

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 06:48:03 GMT, "lee houston"
    <> wrote:

    >I notice you 'conveniently' deleted the Google
    >search string I provided in your sarcastic reply.

    Nothing convenient about it.

    >Are you trying to be a rude wanker or is this just your 'style'?

    A little of both.

    >Not too charming, platt.

    If you want charming, hire a hooker, houston.
    Evan Platt, Nov 16, 2006