Computer hangs/freezes when Printing

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ronald Green, Sep 29, 2006.

  1. Ronald Green

    Ronald Green Guest

    Hi there

    I have an Epson Stylus Photo 875DC printer attached to a Sony PCG-GRX416SP
    Laptop running Windows XP Professional with all of the latest Service Packs,
    etc

    My issues is that when I print out a document via Word or Adobe the Laptop
    "freezes/hangs" after the first print out and then requires a re-boot to
    unlock.

    What happens is; if I print out a single document, this is printed then any
    other print command causes the Laptop to hang/freeze. Or if I request a
    print out of say 10 or more copies then this hangs the Laptop.

    I have tried the Printer attached to another Sony Laptop with a similar
    configuration and this works fine.

    Any ideas please?

    Thanks in anticipation

    Ron
    Ronald Green, Sep 29, 2006

  2. Ronald Green

    Mike Easter Guest

    Ronald Green wrote:

    > My issues is that when I print out a document via Word or Adobe the
    > Laptop "freezes/hangs" after the first print out and then requires a
    > re-boot to unlock.

    > I have tried the Printer attached to another Sony Laptop with a
    > similar configuration and this works fine.
    >
    > Any ideas please?

    R&R.

    Remove and replace (add) the printer.

    --