    Can anyone tell me whats the problem?

    I changed the video card, Power supply, CPU Fan, already, no improvement.

    THANKS!!!

    news, Nov 14, 2004

  2. news

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "news" <> wrote in message
    news:41974788$0$2681$...
    > My computer just hang everytime I play video or audio for a while. This
    > happen randomly.
    > when it hangs, I cannot move anything, not even the mouse !
    >
    > Can anyone tell me whats the problem?
    >
    > I changed the video card, Power supply, CPU Fan, already, no improvement.
    >
    > THANKS!!!

    Maybe insufficient RAM or too many programs running in the background at the
    same time or the RAM itself may have become faulty.

    Mark Mandell, Nov 14, 2004

  3. news

    Jerry G. Guest

    A big cause of this in the order of cause, is either not enough RAM,
    defective RAM, not enough cache space, or a conflicting software that is
    running in the background.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    Jerry G., Nov 14, 2004
  4. news

    news Guest

    Thank you Jerry, and Mark for your reply.
    Lets assume it is caused by defective Ram.
    I have 2x 512MB DDR333 Ram.

    How can I be sure? is that any program that can check it?

    news, Nov 15, 2004
  5. news

    Thor Guest

    "news" <> wrote in message
    > Thank you Jerry, and Mark for your reply.
    > Lets assume it is caused by defective Ram.
    > I have 2x 512MB DDR333 Ram.
    >
    > How can I be sure? is that any program that can check it?

    you can check RAM with software disganostics, (such as the free memtest86
    program) and get a pretty reasonable analysis, but in your case, if you
    don't want to go to that trouble, you could simply remove one of your two
    modules and see of the problem persists. If it does, remove the remaining
    module and put the other in it's place, and test again. If the problem still
    persists, it's unlikely to be a memory fault (make sure to try different
    memory slots as well).

    Thor, Nov 15, 2004
  6. news

    news Guest

    Actually last night, I discovered something. I have opened a link to a
    little flash game that people send me on Email. It is just a normal flash
    game, and everytime I play this game approx within 5mins the system fails
    and freeze(lock up). This happen quite consistence, so I decided to test
    the system with this game, since it can give me consistence result :) I
    found that the CPU usage is relatively high when the system freezes. (and
    memory usage is very low) At the moment, I presume that this "system lock
    up" is caused by the failure of the CPU.

    I will run the memory test tonight, and just wondering if there is a CPU
    tester?

    My CPU has been overheat a few times before, due to the old heat sink that
    it has, but this hanging problem occure before this overheating anyways....
    but i just changed the heat sink a few weeks ago, the temp droped down
    10degree celcius, but hanging problem still occure...
    sigh...

    Thank you very much !

    Alpha

    news, Nov 16, 2004
  7. news

    Nascar24Rulz Guest

    go to pcpitstop.com and register which is free, and then do a full system
    test...i use the site all the time

    Nascar24Rulz, Nov 18, 2004
  8. news

    news Guest