    Am i just being foolish to believe i can play this game again on the
    operating system i currently use or should i discard the game or offer to
    another computer user....

    Chris, Feb 7, 2007

  2. Chris

    John Guest

    Chris wrote:
    > I have a question to ask of the group and if anyone can help it would
    > be appreciated i have a computer game i have found whilst doing a
    > spring clean at home the problem is that the software the game asks
    > for is Win 95.
    > I have windows xp.. my worry is should i try installing myself and
    > discover it would not work when i come to uninstall could it might
    > wipe out some of the drivers from xp.
    >
    > Am i just being foolish to believe i can play this game again on the
    > operating system i currently use or should i discard the game or
    > offer to another computer user....

    It may be possible to run the game setup program under compatibility mode.
    If this works then you will probably have to run the game under
    compatibility mode as well.

    If that doesn't work, then the game is useless. Possibly you could run a
    dual boot system, but this would be very tricky if you already have WinXP
    installed, unless you're prepared to wipe the HD, install Windows 95 and
    then reinstall WinXP. Really, is it worth it for one game?

    What is the game BTW?

    John

    John, Feb 8, 2007

  3. Chris

    Guest

    Yes JOHN, what u say is right. Xp offers the new compatiblity mode,
    using it wont affect anything, but giving a try is worthwhile!

    , Feb 9, 2007
  4. Chris

    j1mb0jay Guest

    Chris wrote:
    > I have a question to ask of the group and if anyone can help it would
    > be appreciated i have a computer game i have found whilst doing a
    > spring clean at home the problem is that the software the game asks
    > for is Win 95.
    > I have windows xp.. my worry is should i try installing myself and
    > discover it would not work when i come to uninstall could it might
    > wipe out some of the drivers from xp.
    >
    > Am i just being foolish to believe i can play this game again on the
    > operating system i currently use or should i discard the game or
    > offer to another computer user....

    You could use an Virtual PC 2004 which Microsoft have released a free
    version of now, setting this up propperly will allow you to run serveral
    OS's at the same time, will allow you to play any of your old games without
    every worring about it "daming" XP

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtualpc/default.mspx
    --
    Regards JJ (UWA)