computer froze, something's been wrong ever since

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by kateslittleworld@hotmail.com, Nov 17, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi all. A couple of hours ago I was online, and had I think 3 IE
    windows open. I don't remember what sites I had open in those windows,
    but they wouldn't have been really "shifty" pages that would be really
    likely to put something on my PC. I suspect that's what's happened
    anyway.

    So, 3 IE windows open, went to close one and everything on the screen
    froze. I gave it a moment, waiting for it to work itself out, but it
    did not. So I right clicked on stuff in the tray to close it. Nothing
    happened. Absolutely nothing happened. I couldn't even get the option
    to pop up. I tried Ctrl Alt Delete. That window popped up, but again, I
    couldn't actually DO anything.

    I couldn't reboot either, so I manually turned off the tower. When
    everything came back on, it was again all locked up. Nothing opened.

    So I went into safe mode. I did a spybot scan, but it found nothing. An
    McAfee virus scan, but again, found nothing. I scan with both of these
    programs about every 10 days, and very very rarely find anything.

    After all that scanning I restarted from safe mode. When everything was
    back on, I was able to do some things, but the mouse buttons are
    backards. the right one does the job of both, sort of, and the left
    button doesn't work at all. The mouse desn't work at all in any
    programs. once I'm in a program, I have to Tab my way through stuff to
    be able to do anything, and even that doesn't always work.

    What is wrong with my poor computer? What can I do? Somehow I managed
    to limp my way here to post this......
    , Nov 17, 2005

  2. Guest

    Wow! I'm the biggest dumbass ever! Went down the hall to my brother's
    computer and stole his mouse for a moment.....seems MY mouse gasped its
    last, and caused my all this trouble. Stupid rodent.
    , Nov 17, 2005

  3. Mitch Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > Wow! I'm the biggest dumbass ever! Went down the hall to my brother's
    > computer and stole his mouse for a moment.....seems MY mouse gasped its
    > last, and caused my all this trouble. Stupid rodent.

    Well, if the mouse pointer moved during all that other stuff, then
    something else would be wrong, too.
    Mitch, Nov 17, 2005