  1. About every hour my pc freezes for no reason What can I do to stop this
    Running Windows XP Home.This never happened before installing this. PLEASE
    SOME ONE HELP

    Pauline Clark, Oct 10, 2004

  2. Pauline Clark

    °Mike° Guest

    Check for overheating and clean out the inside of
    your box with a can of compressed air.

    It could also be a hardware driver problem. You will
    need to provide MUCH more details for an educated
    guess.

    On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 11:11:16 -0500, in
    <b9dad.105239$-kc.rr.com>
    Pauline Clark scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 10, 2004

  3. Pauline Clark

    Sam Salt Guest

    Pauline Clark wrote:
    > About every hour my pc freezes for no reason What can I do to stop
    > this Running Windows XP Home.This never happened before installing
    > this. PLEASE SOME ONE HELP

    I had much the same problem on XP Pro,it drove me nuts for months trying
    various fixes.Fans were OK,temps. were OK.I then read about ' Load Fail Safe
    Defaults ' in Set-Up.Tried this and it worked,no more freezing.Presumably it
    alters a setting somewherebut Lord knows which one it is.May not help you
    but might be worth a try.

    Sam Salt

    Sam Salt, Oct 10, 2004
  4. Pauline Clark