    OS Windows XP fully up to date.
    640MB Ram

    Any ideas?

    git, Nov 1, 2003

  2. git

    °Mike° Guest

    Why are you running DXDiag, SpyBot, and McAfee all at
    the same time? Is it any wonder it freezes?

    On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 14:46:46 -0000, in
    <PIPob.1$>
    git scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 1, 2003

  3. git

    git Guest

    Sorry should have been clearer, I'm not running them at the same time!

    git, Nov 1, 2003
  4. git

    °Mike° Guest

    Have you updated your video and audio drivers?

    How about system cleanup?

    Basic computer maintenance

    On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 15:19:48 -0000, in
    <oaQob.10$>
    git scrawled:

    >Sorry should have been clearer, I'm not running them at the
    >same time!
    >
    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Why are you running DXDiag, SpyBot, and McAfee all at
    >> the same time? Is it any wonder it freezes?
    >>

    >> On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 14:46:46 -0000, in
    >> <PIPob.1$>
    >> git scrawled:
    >>
    >> >Hi,
    >> >
    >> >When running Direct X diagnostics, spybot - search
    >> >and destroy and McAfee virus scan the computer freezes.

    <snip>

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Nov 1, 2003
  5. git

    Shep© Guest

    On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 14:46:46 -0000, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
    invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "git"
    <> wrote :

    >Hi,
    >
    >When running Direct X diagnostics, spybot - search and destroy and McAfee
    >virus scan the computer freezes. I've re-installed direct x 9.0b and have
    >run a full virus check online and that was clean. Oh and when I try to empty
    >the recycle bin using the link on the top left a box flashes up disappears
    >and nothing happens, works ok when I use file/empty recycle bin. Everything
    >else seems ok though.
    >System AMD 2000+ XP
    >OS Windows XP fully up to date.
    >640MB Ram
    >
    >Any ideas?

    Do a repair install,
    and also install any updated AGP drivers pack for your mother board.
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    email shepATpartyheld.de

    Shep©, Nov 2, 2003
  6. git

    git Guest

    Hi, thanks for the advice, it was actually a bad ram stick though before I
    found out that I was doing an upgrade install which froze everytime on the
    first reboot. Now when I boot up I have XP home etc and XP setup so the
    question is, how do I remove the XP setup choice from the boot menu?
    Bob

    git, Nov 2, 2003
  7. get rid of McAfee.....it messes most things up.....

    Steve & Chris Clark, Nov 4, 2003