    CD. I upgraded from Service Pack 1 via the internet and have no such CD.
    Anyone have any ideas on how to solve either/both of these problems?

    Thanks

    Zap Eagle, Jul 12, 2006

  2. Zap Eagle

    Zap Eagle Guest

    Zap Eagle, Jul 12, 2006

  3. Zap Eagle

    Guest

    "Zap Eagle" <> wrote:

    |>I have Windows Media Center 2005 with all of the service packs and updates
    |>current. I have an external Firefly 20g hard-drive (USB powered) and a
    |>Western Digital 120g
    |>external hard-drive (Powered Externally that both had worked on this
    |>computer. Now when I plug either one of these hard-drives in to the USB
    |>port, it will freeze up every time I attempt do this. I tried to find a
    |>solution to this problem via Google and one of the solutions was to run SFC
    |>/scannow. When I tried this, the message asked for the Service Pack 2
    |>CD. I upgraded from Service Pack 1 via the internet and have no such CD.
    |>Anyone have any ideas on how to solve either/both of these problems?

    Download SP2 here http://tinyurl.com/5bobl
    then slipstream with XP
    http://winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp

    --
    http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=17828

    , Jul 12, 2006
  4. Zap Eagle

    Zap Eagle Guest

    Thank you very much, I have download SP2 and will try the slipstream now.
    Thanks again for the quick response

    Zap Eagle, Jul 13, 2006