Computer Freezes while downloading wireless adapter for my laptop.

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSA2MiBjb25mdXNlZA==?=, Sep 21, 2005.

  1. While installing D-Link DWL-G650 wireless 108G notebook adapter….
    I install the drivers from the furnished CD. Following the instruction I
    shut down the computer I install the wireless adapter into the provided slot
    on the laptop. I then restart the computer, once everything is recognized and
    it start the last part of the download process the computer freezes up. I
    then have to manually restart the laptop.
    This takes place when the information is being passed from one folder to the
    other.
    I have talked with D-Link and after five new CD’s and adapter they still
    cannot figure out the problem I am having.
    Some Back Ground----
    I have installed a new hard drive on the computer, from 30 to 60 gigs.
    Before I installed the new hard drive the D-link adapter works. Now for some
    reason it will not complete the download process…..

    Any help out there? Email me with the information.

    Thanking anyone in advance…..

    Mike
    I am running Windows XP

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSA2MiBjb25mdXNlZA==?=, Sep 21, 2005