    installed anything recently. I have a Windows 98se. Can anyone offer a
    solution?
    RJTEMT56
    RJTEMT56, May 18, 2004

  2. RJTEMT56

    SgtMinor Guest

    Heat is the number one reason for freeze-ups. Heat, due to blocked
    ventilation, dust build-up internally, and on power supply fan. Do you
    have any way to read your system's temperatures

    SgtMinor, May 18, 2004

  3. RJTEMT56

    Unk Guest

    On Tue, 18 May 2004 17:38:08 -0400, "RJTEMT56" <>
    wrote:

    >Recently my computer has begun to freeze. Sometimes while playing a game,
    >or when on line or just anytime, not always consistent. I have not
    >installed anything recently. I have a Windows 98se. Can anyone offer a
    >solution?
    >RJTEMT56

    Most common cause seems to be overheating and memory problems.
    Check to see that all the internal fans are working correctly and not
    clogged or obstructed.
    Reseat the memory, or try 1 stick at a time.
    Leave the case cover off to see if it runs cooler and stops freezing.

    You can also try this to see if it works:
    Try lowering the "Hardware Accelerator" setting a notch or two.

    Right-click "My Computer", "Performance" tab, Click "Graphics" button...
    Unk, May 19, 2004
  4. RJTEMT56

    Martik Guest

    Run memtest86
    Martik, May 19, 2004
  5. RJTEMT56

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer, May 19, 2004
  6. RJTEMT56

    Martik Guest

    > Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
    > in your reply?
    > (Tools> Options> Send tab, tick the "Include message in Reply" box.)
    >
    > It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
    > others have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.
    >
    > Further info:
    > http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote2.html
    > http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting.html
    >
    > Thank You Very Much :)

    How's that?

    I usually do, sometimes I get distracted :)
    Martik, May 19, 2004