computer engineering

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by You Are Right, Sep 14, 2003.

  1. i wish to ask will it be beneficial for someone who will be studying
    computer engineering to take up mcsd instead of mcse?

    You Are Right, Sep 14, 2003

  2. You Are Right

    Phlip Guest

    You Are Right wrote:

    > i wish to ask will it be beneficial for someone who will be studying
    > computer engineering to take up mcsd instead of mcse?

    They will help you get a job with a company that wants to advertise it's an
    MS Certified Solution Provider.

    Try this: Read a question on a Microsoft networking or programming
    newsgroup. Take it to one of those "certification" books, and try to look up
    the answer.

    --
    Phlip
    http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?TestFirstUserInterfaces

    Phlip, Sep 14, 2003

  3. You Are Right

    Phlip Guest

    You Are Right wrote:

    > i wish to ask will it be beneficial for someone who will be studying
    > computer engineering to take up mcsd instead of mcse?

    Almost forgot one tiny detail:

    Neither program will teach you how to write programmer tests, for a short
    time, to avoid using the Visual Basic debugger, for a long time.

    Phlip, Sep 14, 2003
  4. You Are Right

    Mike Guest

    That depends on what you want to do after graduation. If you want to work
    in an IT department managing a company's network, then focus on the MCSE.
    If your interests are more in line with software development, then get the
    MCSD.

    -Mike

    Mike, Sep 15, 2003
  5. You Are Right

    Roy Lawson Guest

    I agree with Mike. Also, if you are pursuing Computer
    Engineering other things will open up as well (lower level
    programming) on the hardware side. Think embedded code.
    If you want to pursue the hardware side, look at some unix
    certifications and take all the math you can get.

    But for desktop and web applications, there is the MCSD
    and then there is the networking and administration side
    of the house. And don't forget database management. You
    have a ton of options.

    right now, focus on getting good grades in school.

    -Roy

    Roy Lawson, Sep 25, 2003