    the cdrw drive only occassionally. Is the computer about to die or is it the
    operating system. I use win xp pro upgraded from xp home and have been have
    general problems with the computer.

    jl, Jun 5, 2005

  2. jl

    MrGrumpy Guest

    Depends what you mean by general problems

    MrGrumpy, Jun 5, 2005

  3. jl

    Ron Martell Guest

    "jl" <> wrote:

    >all of a sudden the computer is reading dvd and CDs in the dvdrw drive and
    >the cdrw drive only occassionally. Is the computer about to die or is it the
    >operating system. I use win xp pro upgraded from xp home and have been have
    >general problems with the computer.

    Depends on what sort of error messages you are getting when you try to
    read the CDs and DVDs.

    It could just be dirty/smudged disks or that the drives need cleaning.
    You can get cleaner disks at any good computer or audio/video supply
    store.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --