computer drivers

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by jiwan singh, Dec 31, 2004.

  1. jiwan singh

    jiwan singh Guest

    My son gave me his used computer he used at university,while going to school
    & majored in biology, was not familer with his computer. Did not save
    drives, paperwork & bios instructions.
    I am not very familer with
    download drivers from internet & I would not know what type of drive I
    would loading for & how. Do I make a folder first & have to know what type
    of viedo & sound card I got or how ? I do not have cd- rom read & write.
    I was able to
    install window 98 & internet on it which is working ok. If I am close to get
    it running properly, then I am supposed to take more effert in it. I like
    computers. I am 67 yrs. old. I am missing drivers
    for sound & vedio. The computer is pentim 2 , 400MHZ.

    Is there any way to get your drivers for vedio & sound without knowing the
    paper work that is lost? I only have A & C disk drive & cd-ram. I have no
    idea, what brand sound & vedio
    cards are. I just am seeking a driver for them. Please help on it if you
    can. This computer was assumbeled by boys going
    to UC-SANTA CRUZ computer majors , my son's room mates. They greduated and
    are gone.

    Now I am stucked with this computer. Problem , not knowing
    name brand of sound & vedio card DRIVES , Sound & vedio cards may be located
    on mother board , but thete drives
    are being problem.

    Thank You.

    Sincerely Yours,

    jiwan singh, Dec 31, 2004

  2. jiwan singh

    Ionizer Guest

    "jiwan singh" <> wrote in message
    > My son gave me his used computer he used at university,while going to

    school
    > & majored in biology, was not familer with his computer. Did not save
    > drives, paperwork & bios instructions.
    > I am not very familer with
    > download drivers from internet & I would not know what type of drive I
    > would loading for & how. Do I make a folder first & have to know what

    type
    > of viedo & sound card I got or how ? I do not have cd- rom read & write.
    > I was able

    > install window 98 & internet on it which is working ok. If I am close to

    get
    > it running properly, then I am supposed to take more effert in it. I

    like
    > computers. I am 67 yrs. old. I am missing drivers
    > for sound & vedio. The computer is pentim 2 , 400MHZ.
    >
    > Is there any way to get your drivers for vedio & sound without knowing

    the
    > paper work that is lost? I only have A & C disk drive & cd-ram. I

    have no
    > idea, what brand sound & vedio
    > cards are. I just am seeking a driver for them. Please help on it if you
    > can. This computer was assumbeled by boys going
    > to UC-SANTA CRUZ computer majors , my son's room mates. They greduated

    and
    > are gone.
    >
    > Now I am stucked with this computer. Problem , not knowing
    > name brand of sound & vedio card DRIVES , Sound & vedio cards may be

    located
    > on mother board , but thete drives
    > are being problem.

    There are some free utilities you can run which may help identify all the
    components in your computer, such as:

    Belarc Advisor: http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

    Sandra Lite:
    http://www.sisoftware.net/index.html?dir=dload&location=sware_dl_all&langx=en&a=