    Didn't help

    Any suggestions appreciated,
    George

    George, Jun 27, 2003

  2. George

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... George said:

    > the (silent e) in file names
    >
    > I've enable Multi Language Support
    >
    > Didn't help
    >
    > Any suggestions appreciated,
    > George

    What are you talking about?

    Brian H¹©, Jun 27, 2003

  3. George

    rifleman Guest

    In news:Mw_Ka.15046$,
    George <> contemplated the little bit of fluff in his
    navel and typed:
    > the (silent e) in file names
    >
    > I've enable Multi Language Support
    >
    > Didn't help
    >
    > Any suggestions appreciated,
    > George

    Huh?

    --
    (I may be wrong...I usually am....)
    Google is your Friend

    rifleman, Jun 27, 2003
  4. George

    rifleman Guest

    In news:CM_Ka.15058$,
    George <> contemplated the little bit of fluff in his
    navel and typed:
    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Errrrr...erm... George said:
    >>
    >>> the (silent e) in file names
    >>>
    >>> I've enable Multi Language Support
    >>>
    >>> Didn't help
    >>>
    >>> Any suggestions appreciated,
    >>> George

    >> What are you talking about?
    >>
    >> I'am talking about the letter (e with the mark above it, making it a
    >> silent e.

    What language? (Certainly not English....)

    --
    (I may be wrong...I usually am....)
    Google is your Friend

    rifleman, Jun 27, 2003
  5. George

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... George said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Errrrr...erm... George said:
    >>
    >>> the (silent e) in file names
    >>>
    >>> I've enable Multi Language Support
    >>>
    >>> Didn't help
    >>>
    >>> Any suggestions appreciated,
    >>> George

    >> What are you talking about?
    >>
    >> I'am talking about the letter (e with the mark above it, making it a silent
    >> e.

    What mark?
    Usually a letter with a "mark" above it means it is accented, as in é
    E is already silent when on it's own and at the end of a word.

    Brian H¹©, Jun 27, 2003
  6. George

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... George said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Errrrr...erm... George said:
    >>
    >>> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >> What mark?
    >> Usually a letter with a "mark" above it means it is accented, as in é
    >> E is already silent when on it's own and at the end of a word.
    >>
    >> This is the exact mark, I'am talking about, as you pointed out.

    > I beleive this accented e is causing a problem for me in a
    > (filename.mp3)
    >
    > Thanks for your Help,
    > George

    Accented file names are usually only a problem in Nutscrape, not IE, have you
    got a link to the file itself, or is it a file you have on your system already.
    Also, you say it is causing you a problem, but what is the problem it is
    causing?
    Have you tried renaming the file?

    Brian H¹©, Jun 27, 2003
  7. George

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as George continued:

    > the (silent e) in file names

    *I* don't understand either (though looking again, the thread *is* long
    enough, I'm sure it's been sorted by now, but hey, WTF I'm drunk, rather
    wasted and couldn't gi' a shite n'maer).

    > I've enable Multi Language Support

    Does Windows come with Natural Gibberish installed ?

    > Didn't help

    Not surprised really. But I have absolutely no idea why...;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    Slumpy, Jun 28, 2003