computer does not boot up atall

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Amir, Sep 22, 2004.

  1. Amir

    Amir Guest

    Hello everyone,

    I am trying to sort out my friend's computer. it appears that she has
    downloaded something and then the computer has shut down- no idea what it
    was??

    the computer is a xp home edition.
    the computer does not boot normally and it just freezes.I have tried to boot
    in the safe mode, but it does not allow me to boot in the safe mode (I have
    tried all the option of safe mode, none worked) I tried recovery agent, but
    it stopped and displayed the error

    Stop 0x00000051 REGISTRY ERROR

    I have also tried last Good known Configuration and it didn't do any thing.

    I would appreciate if any one can post any solution as how I can get the
    computer to work.

    I appreciate your help
    Amir, Sep 22, 2004

  2. Amir

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "Amir" <> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I am trying to sort out my friend's computer. it appears that she has
    > downloaded something and then the computer has shut down- no idea what it
    > was??
    >
    > the computer is a xp home edition.
    > the computer does not boot normally and it just freezes.I have tried to

    boot
    > in the safe mode, but it does not allow me to boot in the safe mode (I

    have
    > tried all the option of safe mode, none worked) I tried recovery agent,

    but
    > it stopped and displayed the error
    >
    > Stop 0x00000051 REGISTRY ERROR
    >
    > I have also tried last Good known Configuration and it didn't do any

    thing.

    > I would appreciate if any one can post any solution as how I can get the
    > computer to work.
    >
    > I appreciate your help

    Check this article out:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282501
    Mark Mandell, Sep 22, 2004

  3. Amir

    Eric Guest

    Recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows 2000/XP from
    starting

    http://www.xstudio.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9

    Eric, Sep 22, 2004
  4. Amir