Computer Description

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q3liZXJHdXk=?=, Jul 21, 2005.

  1. Has anybody noticed that you can't change the computer description in Windows
    XP Professional x64 Edition?

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3liZXJHdXk=?=, Jul 21, 2005

  2. > Has anybody noticed that you can't change the computer description in
    > Windows
    > XP Professional x64 Edition?

    Right click on My Computer -> Properties -> tab Computer Name.

    Works fine here?

    Greetings,
    Wessel

    Wessel Troost, Jul 21, 2005

  3. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 21, 2005
  4. That's exactly what I'm doing, but I can't enter anything in the text box. No
    flashing cursor, nothing. I haven't noticed any problems with anything else.
    It must be something unique to my installation or possibly an ATI driver bug,
    who knows. At least I know it's working for other people and probably isn't a
    Windows x64 bug.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3liZXJHdXk=?=, Jul 21, 2005
  5. > That's exactly what I'm doing, but I can't enter anything in the text
    > box.

    Are you logged on as a member of the Administrators group?

    Greetings,
    Wessel

    Wessel Troost, Jul 21, 2005
  6. Yes. The same thing happens under the Administrator account.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3liZXJHdXk=?=, Jul 21, 2005
  7. Are you networked with another PC at the moment? If you are disconnect the
    network cable and try again. Or create a new Administrative account and try
    changing the computer description or run the network setup wizard then try
    changing the description during the wizard.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 21, 2005