    company name is "TODO: <company name>" Google doesn't say anything about
    this.

    Could this be a hardware problem, a virus, or a software problem?
    Mike K., Feb 26, 2005

  2. Mike K.

    samuel Guest

    "Mike K." <> wrote in
    news:GkQTd.57452$:

    > Hello.
    > I am running an athlon XP +2000 with 512mb of ram and have an
    > ATI Radeon 7000 64mb AGP card. I am also running XP Pro on a
    > WD 80gb drive and also have another 80gb slaved drive
    >
    > The problem is that after a while of normal operation, when i
    > try to run some programs, like winamp usually, my computer
    > crashes. I'm able to bring up task manager though and under
    > performance, CPU usage and Page File Usage are both 0. When I
    > run Process Explorer (good program) theres a process named
    > cimanm.exe and it either has calc.exe or packager.exe running
    > as a sub process which is out of the ordinary. The cimanm.exe
    > file is in my windows32 directory. Its description says
    > "TODO: <file description" and company name is "TODO: <company
    > name>" Google doesn't say anything about this.
    >
    > Could this be a hardware problem, a virus, or a software
    > problem?

    if you don't know what cimanm.exe is then try an online scan like
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    you could download, install, update, run these too
    Ad-Aware http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download/
    Spybot Search and Destroy
    Spyware Blaster
    Hijackthis http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
    http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?
    check your Hijackthis log file here.
    http://hijackthis.de/index.php?langselect=english
    or http://forums.spywareinfo.com/
    and CWShredder
    samuel, Feb 26, 2005

  3. Mike K.

    chuckie® Guest

    Generally speaking, if you can keep it below 40° C., you should be safe.
    Bearing in mind, the more you do, the higher the temp will go, that is, the
    temp will be higher playing a graphic intensive game than it will be, say,
    surfing the net or answering email and such. All this depends on the method
    of checking said temp also, some are better than others...luck...

    chuckie®, Feb 26, 2005
  4. Mike K.

    chuckie® Guest

    My apologies, somehow (tired, I suspect) I posted this answer to the wrong
    thread...sheesh, I really am getting too old for this...

    chuckie®, Feb 26, 2005