    in a case like this?

    Thanks In Advance for your help.

    P.S. I'm using my laptop to send this message.
    Just Me, Feb 8, 2004

  2. Just Me

    °Mike° Guest

    Use your Windows 98 bootup floppy, and choose CD
    support bootup.

    On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 06:47:31 -0600, in
    <>
    Just Me scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 8, 2004

  3. Just Me

    Frank_G Guest

    > Last night a message popped up stating a WIDOWS update (to Windows 98)
    > was avaiable. I clicked OK and

    was it an email - microsoft doesn't send update messages this way, but virus
    authors do.

    Try booting with a floppy - if you don't have one go here
    http://bootdisk.com/
    Frank_G, Feb 8, 2004
  4. Just Me

    Frank_G Guest

    .....i meant to add that if you do suspect a virus you may as well try
    getting at it first or it may stonewall your other efforts - you may be able
    to scan from your good machine if they're networked ( various installed or
    online options) or you could create a boot + antivirus program on floppies
    (3x) by going here and d/l the FP-UP.exe (which makes a boot dist + the
    F-Prot AV program) and following directions http://home.epix.net/~artnpeg/

    Frank_G, Feb 8, 2004