    Naval time and or Atomic Clock, but it sets it one hour earlier then my
    time. It never did that before is seems.

    GBMT

    GoneBeforeMyTime, Mar 23, 2007

  2. "GoneBeforeMyTime" <> wrote in message
    >I was having a problem with the clock, just guessing the battery, but
    > probably not. It seems to lost a day orginally, but I set that correctly,
    > but when I posted to another forum I use, someone brought to my attention
    > that the clock was not right again. I checked it and it matches the PST
    > time
    > for windows on my time zone, but it seems by his post it might be a
    > problem
    > only to do with one hour difference. What's confusing I used to use a
    > freeware program called about time, now when I use it, it sets according
    > Naval time and or Atomic Clock, but it sets it one hour earlier then my
    > time. It never did that before is seems.
    >
    > GBMT

    A faulty computer clock has only two possiblities. The bios and windows. If
    you've ruled out the battery as suspect, then It HAS to be a setting wrong
    in windows.

    Dusty Steenbock, Mar 24, 2007

  3. GoneBeforeMyTime

    Adebisi Guest

    On Mar 23, 11:11 pm, "Dusty Steenbock" <> wrote:
    > "GoneBeforeMyTime" <> wrote in message

    > >I was having a problem with the clock, just guessing the battery, but
    > > probably not. It seems to lost a day orginally, but I set that correctly,
    > > but when I posted to another forum I use, someone brought to my attention
    > > that the clock was not right again. I checked it and it matches the PST
    > > time
    > > for windows on my time zone, but it seems by his post it might be a
    > > problem
    > > only to do with one hour difference. What's confusing I used to use a
    > > freeware program called about time, now when I use it, it sets according
    > > Naval time and or Atomic Clock, but it sets it one hour earlier then my
    > > time. It never did that before is seems.

    > > GBMT

    > A faulty computer clock has only two possiblities. The bios and windows. If
    > you've ruled out the battery as suspect, then It HAS to be a setting wrong
    > in windows.

    If you are using a 3rd party app to set your clock, it could be your
    app does not take into account the change in the daylight savings time
    schedule.

    Adebisi, Mar 24, 2007
  4. iOn Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:15:31 -0800, "GoneBeforeMyTime"
    <> wrote:

    >I was having a problem with the clock, just guessing the battery, but
    >probably not. It seems to lost a day orginally, but I set that correctly,
    >but when I posted to another forum I use, someone brought to my attention
    >that the clock was not right again. I checked it and it matches the PST time
    >for windows on my time zone, but it seems by his post it might be a problem
    >only to do with one hour difference. What's confusing I used to use a
    >freeware program called about time, now when I use it, it sets according to
    >Naval time and or Atomic Clock, but it sets it one hour earlier then my
    >time. It never did that before is seems.
    >
    >GBMT

    did you download and apply all current patches dst start and stop has
    changed in the usa
    To reply remove
    ihatespam.
    and.the.spamers

    Edward Greene, Apr 3, 2007
  5. No Dusty, there is a 3rd possibility, the actual clock chip and/or
    crystal is bad (e.g. the clock hardware). And it does happen.

    Barry Watzman, Apr 18, 2007
  6. GoneBeforeMyTime

    Guest

    And if that's the case, your mobo is shot. Unless of course you're
    really handy with a soldering gun.

    On Apr 18, 7:26 am, Barry Watzman <> wrote:
    > No Dusty, there is a 3rd possibility, the actual clock chip and/or
    > crystal is bad (e.g. the clock hardware). And it does happen.
    >
    > Dusty Steenbock wrote:
    >
    > > A faulty computer clock has only two possiblities. The bios and windows. If
    > > you've ruled out the battery as suspect, then It HAS to be a setting wrong
    > > in windows.

    , Apr 21, 2007