    Event ID: 1001
    Date: 11/05/2004
    Time: 13:23:23
    User: N/A
    Computer: ATLAS
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:
    0x0000000a (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8044950e). Microsoft
    Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in:
    C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini051104-01.dmp.

    Event Type: Information
    Event Source: EventLog
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 6009
    Date: 11/05/2004
    Time: 13:23:21
    User: N/A
    Computer: ATLAS
    Microsoft (R) Windows 2000 (R) 5.0 2195 Service Pack 4 Uniprocessor
    Free.

    Event Type: Information
    Event Source: EventLog
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 6005
    Date: 11/05/2004
    Time: 13:23:21
    User: N/A
    Computer: ATLAS
    The Event log service was started.

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7003
    Date: 11/05/2004
    Time: 13:23:24
    User: N/A
    Computer: ATLAS
    The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service depends on the
    following nonexistent service: LanmanWorkstation

    I am rather curious to know what LanmanWorkstation is as this is a
    standalone computer not attached to any LAN, only the Internet.

    --

    Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

    "It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
    It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

    Alasdair Baxter, May 8, 2004

  2. Alasdair Baxter

    Boomer Guest

    Alasdair Baxter <> did say:

    > I am running Windows 2000. Of late, I have been getting blue
    > screen shut-downs with the computer rebooting. I have checked for
    > the Sasser virus but it is not there. Can anybody offer some
    > advice? Here is what it says in Event Viewer round about the time
    > of the crash.

    [snip]
    > The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service depends on the
    > following nonexistent service: LanmanWorkstation
    >

    > I am rather curious to know what LanmanWorkstation is as this is
    > a standalone computer not attached to any LAN, only the Internet.

    Hi

    I quickly looked in Googles archives and according to this message
    http://www.google.com/groups?q= "Background Intelligent Transfer Serv
    ice%22&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
    8&c2coff=1&safe=off&scoring=d&selm=c1313573.0404212050.46662960%40posti
    ng.google.com&rnum=13

    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?X16252F38

    You might want to post your message over at this group
    'microsoft.public.windows.backgroundtransfer'
    if you don't get any replies here.

    Good luck.

    Boomer, May 8, 2004