    Ask me questions, make suggestions please. My head is getting sore.

    Nelly.
    If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours :)

    Nelly, Mar 22, 2005

  2. Nelly

    Dorado Guest

    Nelly wrote:
    > I have a 3 month old pentium in the house running XP Home and if you
    > can stand on your head to try and read the screen you don't have a
    > problem. I have run Spyware scanning, Virus Scanning and a disk
    > defragment and haven't had any success.
    >
    > Ask me questions, make suggestions please. My head is getting sore.
    >

    > Nelly.
    > If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours :)

    Hmm I remember a while back there was a virus/prank that did this. Are your
    virus definitions up to date?

    Dorado, Mar 22, 2005

  3. Nelly

    Peter George Guest

    Turn that frown upside down.

    If you have a nVidia graphics card check that NVRotate hasing been seting to
    rotate your page 180 degrees.

    Control Panel... Display... Settings... Advanced... Graphics card tab...
    NVRotate

    Peter George, Mar 22, 2005
  4. Nelly

    paora Guest

    On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:06:18 +1200, Nelly
    < > wrote:

    >I have a 3 month old pentium in the house running XP Home and if you
    >can stand on your head to try and read the screen you don't have a
    >problem. I have run Spyware scanning, Virus Scanning and a disk
    >defragment and haven't had any success.
    >
    >Ask me questions, make suggestions please. My head is getting sore.

    Nevermind your head - put some damn knickers on!

    paora, Mar 22, 2005
  5. Nelly

    Mackin Guest

    Nelly wrote:

    > I have a 3 month old pentium in the house running XP Home and if you
    > can stand on your head to try and read the screen you don't have a
    > problem. I have run Spyware scanning, Virus Scanning and a disk
    > defragment and haven't had any success.
    >
    > Ask me questions, make suggestions please. My head is getting sore.
    >

    > Nelly.
    > If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours :)

    Maybe try turning the monitor upside-down?

    Mackin

    Mackin, Mar 22, 2005
  6. Nelly

    S Roby Guest

    In article <1111478231.4311e98bd53b63c396122add170b62bc@teranews>, (paora) wrote:
    >On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:06:18 +1200, Nelly
    >< > wrote:
    >
    >>I have a 3 month old pentium in the house running XP Home and if you
    >>can stand on your head to try and read the screen you don't have a

    There were 'joke' programs that did this.
    See what happens in safe mode.
    Run msconfig & disable a few things.

    OK here's the joke answer
    >>I have a 3 month old pentium in the house running ....

    "it just ran past my window."

    S Roby, Mar 22, 2005
  7. Nelly

    GraB Guest

    < > wrote:

    >I have a 3 month old pentium in the house running XP Home and if you
    >can stand on your head to try and read the screen you don't have a
    >problem. I have run Spyware scanning, Virus Scanning and a disk
    >defragment and haven't had any success.
    >
    >Ask me questions, make suggestions please. My head is getting sore.

    This happens when you had the installation CD upside down. ;-)

    GraB, Mar 22, 2005
  8. Nelly

    Nelly Guest

    On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:32:30 +1200, "Peter George" <invalid@invalid>
    wrote:

    >Turn that frown upside down.
    >
    >If you have a nVidia graphics card check that NVRotate hasing been seting to
    >rotate your page 180 degrees.
    >
    >Control Panel... Display... Settings... Advanced... Graphics card tab...
    >NVRotate

    Thanks. I did manage to fix it finding something similar to that. Only
    the kids use this computer and they all have their own log ins set to
    guest and I am the administrator. I can only guess like someone else
    suggested that it was a prank virus even though all defs are up to
    date and parental control is strict for the settings.

    Nelly, Mar 22, 2005
  9. Nelly

    Nelly Guest

    On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:35:02 +1200, GraB <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:06:18 +1200, Nelly
    >< > wrote:
    >
    >>I have a 3 month old pentium in the house running XP Home and if you
    >>can stand on your head to try and read the screen you don't have a
    >>problem. I have run Spyware scanning, Virus Scanning and a disk
    >>defragment and haven't had any success.
    >>
    >>Ask me questions, make suggestions please. My head is getting sore.
    >>

    >This happens when you had the installation CD upside down. ;-)

    Must have been.

    Thanks guys, all is sorted and working fine now.

    Nelly, Mar 22, 2005
  10. Nelly

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Nelly < > wrote in

    > On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:32:30 +1200, "Peter George" <invalid@invalid>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Turn that frown upside down.
    >>
    >>If you have a nVidia graphics card check that NVRotate hasing been
    >>seting to rotate your page 180 degrees.
    >>
    >>Control Panel... Display... Settings... Advanced... Graphics card
    >>tab... NVRotate
    >>

    > Thanks. I did manage to fix it finding something similar to that. Only
    > the kids use this computer and they all have their own log ins set to
    > guest and I am the administrator. I can only guess like someone else
    > suggested that it was a prank virus even though all defs are up to
    > date and parental control is strict for the settings.
    >

    > Nelly.
    > If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours :)

    Have you seen this?
    Admin passwords begone.
    Start auditing because they may be working around your "restrictions"
    http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html
    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Mar 22, 2005
  11. In article <Xns9621EA668461Edaveytaynospamplshot@203.97.37.6>,
    Dave Taylor <> wrote:

    >Nelly < > wrote in
    >
    >>Only the kids use this computer and they all have their own log ins set to
    >> guest and I am the administrator.

    >Have you seen this?
    >Admin passwords begone.
    >Start auditing because they may be working around your "restrictions"
    >http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

    I think Nelly would have noticed if the admin password had been changed.

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Mar 22, 2005
  12. > Thanks guys, all is sorted and working fine now.

    Just check too and make sure the keyboard shortcut is disabled for doing
    the display rotate/invert.

    Caused a bit of consternation amongst work colleagues when one day they
    hit a 3 key combo (which of course they can't remember) and some very
    loud shreaks followed !

    -=[Waylon Smithers]=-, Mar 22, 2005
  13. Nelly

    Nelly Guest

    On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:52:55 +1200, Lawrence D¹Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote:

    >In article <Xns9621EA668461Edaveytaynospamplshot@203.97.37.6>,
    > Dave Taylor <> wrote:
    >
    >>Nelly < > wrote in
    >>
    >>>Only the kids use this computer and they all have their own log ins set to
    >>> guest and I am the administrator.

    >>Have you seen this?
    >>Admin passwords begone.
    >>Start auditing because they may be working around your "restrictions"
    >>http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

    >I think Nelly would have noticed if the admin password had been changed.

    No passwords have been changed. The last one on the computer before
    this happened was the youngest (7) and I don't underestimate him
    either. But at the same time, I am pretty sure he had nothing to do
    with this.

    Nelly, Mar 23, 2005
  14. Nelly

    Nelly Guest

    On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:01:10 +1200, "-=[Waylon Smithers]=-"
    <lifestyles_choice@springfield_nuclear_plant.com> wrote:

    >> Thanks guys, all is sorted and working fine now.

    >Just check too and make sure the keyboard shortcut is disabled for doing
    >the display rotate/invert.
    >
    >Caused a bit of consternation amongst work colleagues when one day they
    >hit a 3 key combo (which of course they can't remember) and some very
    >loud shreaks followed !

    That's possible as their was a freeze before all this happened and I
    was pressing all sorts of buttons before resetting.

    Nelly, Mar 23, 2005