Computer account does not authenticate using wireless

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?QW5pY2E=?=, Jan 30, 2006.

  1. Hi,
    I'm using the Microsoft paper "Securing Wireless LAN's with PEAP and
    Passwords" using WPA to configure my wireless network, before deploy the
    solution I have test it on a small number of clients and every thing run OK.
    After I deployed that solution to all of my wireless clients, I start to note
    that the computer account does not authenticate on the DC, when users logon
    for the first time they don't run the logon Scripts that only happens if they
    Logoff and Logon again. I have noticed also that in the log of Access Point
    some computers try to connect using WEP instead of EAS, how can I force
    Computer autentication using EAS, but after user logon the wireless
    connection is made using EAS. Can some one help me on this, I have check
    every where but I can't see what I'm doing roung.

    THANKS

    Event logon IAS Server when I turn on a client that can’t authenticate
    computer account
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: IAS
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 16
    Date: 30-01-2006
    Time: 9:29:05
    User: N/A
    Computer: DC
    A RADIUS message with the Code field set to 2, which is not valid, was
    received on port 1812 from RADIUS client AP100256. Valid values of the RADIUS
    Code field are documented in RFC 2865.

    Event Log IAS Server when the Client can authenticate the computer account
    Event Type: Information
    Event Source: IAS
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1
    Date: 27-01-2006
    Time: 18:24:17
    User: N/A
    Computer: DC
    User host/hap-panica.hap.eu.honda.com was granted access.
    Fully-Qualified-User-Name = HAP\WPC01$
    NAS-IP-Address = 207.129.49.249
    NAS-Identifier = <not present>
    Client-Friendly-Name = AP1000256
    Client-IP-Address = 192.168.0.249
    Calling-Station-Identifier = 00-FF-FF-14-D7-9A
    NAS-Port-Type = Wireless - IEEE 802.11
    NAS-Port = 1
    Proxy-Policy-Name = Use Windows authentication for all users
    Authentication-Provider = Windows
    Authentication-Server = <undetermined>
    Policy-Name = Allow Wireless LAN Access
    Authentication-Type = PEAP
    EAP-Type = Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)

    --
    Hello World !!

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5pY2E=?=, Jan 30, 2006