    Circuit City etc so don't bother going to check out prices on computer
    parts/TV yet. At CompUSA - no refunds/returns/credit - "All Sales Final "
    so beware.

    - Bobb -, Dec 19, 2007

  2. - Bobb -

    Chet39 Guest

    Our CompUSA closed about 6 months ago. They were across the street from
    Best Buy and Staples and just couldn't compete.

    Chet39, Dec 20, 2007

  3. - Bobb -

    Linux Guest

    On Dec 19, 1:21 pm, "- Bobb -" <b...@noemail.123> wrote:
    > I went to CompUSA and even though I heard they were going to go out of
    > business this month, in my store they had signs/ are already taking orders
    > for ANY furniture/display cases etc in the store. I thought they'd wait
    > until inventory gone. If I had room I'd get a few of the glass cases but
    > I have no room. If you'd like some, you ought to check your local store .
    > BTW they are having 10/20/30% off a lot of stuff in stock, bet you can
    > find better deals ( and get a warranty/ return the item) at Best Buy/
    > Circuit City etc so don't bother going to check out prices on computer
    > parts/TV yet. At CompUSA - no refunds/returns/credit - "All Sales Final "
    > so beware.

    I need computer furniture (a desk) for home, should I check CompUSA or
    not ?
    signed Rob in Houston, Tx

    Linux, Dec 22, 2007
  4. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    "Linux" <> wrote in message
    > On Dec 19, 1:21 pm, "- Bobb -" <b...@noemail.123> wrote:
    >> I went to CompUSA and even though I heard they were going to go out of
    >> business this month, in my store they had signs/ are already taking
    >> orders
    >> for ANY furniture/display cases etc in the store. I thought they'd wait
    >> until inventory gone. If I had room I'd get a few of the glass cases
    >> but
    >> I have no room. If you'd like some, you ought to check your local store
    >> .
    >> BTW they are having 10/20/30% off a lot of stuff in stock, bet you can
    >> find better deals ( and get a warranty/ return the item) at Best Buy/
    >> Circuit City etc so don't bother going to check out prices on computer
    >> parts/TV yet. At CompUSA - no refunds/returns/credit - "All Sales Final
    >> "
    >> so beware.

    > I need computer furniture (a desk) for home, should I check CompUSA or
    > not ?
    > signed Rob in Houston, Tx

    Not unless from the office - I was talking about stuff they USE
    themselves. Maybe ... if your's gives classes there's a classroom ???

    Staples/OfficeMax have retail furniture - not CompUSA

    - Bobb -, Dec 23, 2007
  5. - Bobb -

    Paul Guest

    Linux wrote:
    > On Dec 19, 1:21 pm, "- Bobb -" <b...@noemail.123> wrote:
    >> I went to CompUSA and even though I heard they were going to go out of
    >> business this month, in my store they had signs/ are already taking orders
    >> for ANY furniture/display cases etc in the store. I thought they'd wait
    >> until inventory gone. If I had room I'd get a few of the glass cases but
    >> I have no room. If you'd like some, you ought to check your local store .
    >> BTW they are having 10/20/30% off a lot of stuff in stock, bet you can
    >> find better deals ( and get a warranty/ return the item) at Best Buy/
    >> Circuit City etc so don't bother going to check out prices on computer
    >> parts/TV yet. At CompUSA - no refunds/returns/credit - "All Sales Final "
    >> so beware.

    > I need computer furniture (a desk) for home, should I check CompUSA or
    > not ?
    > signed Rob in Houston, Tx

    The best way ? Build your own :)

    My computer desk is 4' x 4', and there is plenty of room.
    It is also strong enough to stand on. (The legs are 4x4s.)

    In a civil emergency, I can "duck and cover".

    The only tough part, is deciding how high off the floor,
    to make the top surface.

    Since it is assembled with screws, it can be completely
    taken apart for shipping.

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 23, 2007
  6. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    "Linux" <> wrote in message
    > On Dec 19, 1:21 pm, "- Bobb -" <b...@noemail.123> wrote:
    >> I went to CompUSA and even though I heard they were going to go out of
    >> business this month, in my store they had signs/ are already taking
    >> orders
    >> for ANY furniture/display cases etc in the store. I thought they'd wait
    >> until inventory gone. If I had room I'd get a few of the glass cases but
    >> I have no room. If you'd like some, you ought to check your local store .
    >> BTW they are having 10/20/30% off a lot of stuff in stock, but you can
    >> find better deals ( and get a warranty/ return the item) at Best Buy/
    >> Circuit City etc so don't bother going to check out prices on computer
    >> parts/TV yet. At CompUSA - no refunds/returns/credit - "All Sales Final "
    >> so beware.

    > I need computer furniture (a desk) for home, should I check CompUSA or
    > not ?
    > signed Rob in Houston, Tx

    I stopped at store in NH and they were selling THEIR used desks for $50. Too
    big for me... desktop was about 48"x30" with 1 file drawer and 1 smaller
    drawer on each side of where you'd sit. Good deal if you have the room.
    STILL no 'good deals' on computer stuff.
    ( I went in looking for USB hdd cases - 2.5" or 3.5" - they want $39 !!! )

    - Bobb -, Dec 26, 2007
  7. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    - Bobb -, Dec 29, 2007