    Just wanted to share with you my joy at becoming
    Security+ certified, on towards glory (and 70-214 to add
    Security to my MCSA)

    Mikkel Sorensen, Sep 19, 2003

  2. Mikkel Sorensen

    Lady Guest

    Congrats !!!

    Lady, Sep 19, 2003

  3. Congratulations!!

    --
    Tom Helms [MSFT]

    newsgroup purposes only."

    Tom Helms [MSFT], Sep 19, 2003
  4. Mikkel Sorensen

    Rick Guest

    Congrats
    Unfortunately I did not have as much success on the Security + this morning.
    However I think it did pretty good. I made the mistake of looking at the
    Measureup test prior to reading the study guide(well and being c*cky because
    I have passed 5 Microsoft test in a row). I aced the practice test with no
    effort which made me think I was ready and the test was easy. I still feel
    pretty go as I scored 700 with almost no studying (ok no studying it was a
    costly lesson). I am sure with a couple of days reading I can get the 764
    needed to pass.

    --
    Rick

    Rick, Sep 19, 2003
  5. Don't feel too bad, Rick. I did the exact same thing,
    bought the study guide, read the first 3 chapters, took
    the practice tests and aced them, I got a score of 732 on
    the exam though ;-) But I agree it was a costly lesson to
    learn. Good luck on your second try.

    - Mikkel

    Mikkel Sorensen, Sep 20, 2003
  6. Mikkel Sorensen

    Rick Guest

    Mikkel,
    I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that was fooled by this one. I am
    sorry that it cost us both the test fee but so is life. In the future I am
    sure neither of us will go into a test assuming that we know the material
    until we have spent time doing a thorough review.

    I am 3 test away from finishing my MCSE Security. I have to take 70-214
    70-220 and security +. I will be studying all the securty stuff for the next
    several weeks. These 3 test will also upgrade my current MCSA to MCSA
    security.

    Good luck on all your future test

    Rick

    Rick, Sep 20, 2003
  7. Rick,

    Your path towards MCSE is exactly the same as the one I'm
    taking. Good luck to you too.

    message

    Mikkel Sorensen, Sep 20, 2003
  8. Mikkel Sorensen

    Robert Guest

    Robert, Sep 20, 2003
  9. Mikkel Sorensen

    Rick Guest

    I noticed in the MCSE group you asked about the 2003 upgrade test which I
    also plan to take. I am planning on taking time prior to the 2003 test to
    study for and take the Cisco CCNA certification.

    Rick, Sep 20, 2003
  10. Mikkel Sorensen

    MCSE World Guest

    CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    MCSE World, Sep 21, 2003
  11. Mikkel Sorensen

    Paul Guest

    Cool! I will be taking mine on Saturday. I need to get
    more confident on the different algorithms and their
    characteristics plus assymmetric vs. symmetric keys. I am
    using Sybex book for study and SelfTestSoftware prep
    tests. Hopefully this will be enough. I have already
    passed the 70-214 so this test will get me MCSA:Security.
    Then on to 70-220, 70-216 and 70-217 to get both MCSE and
    MCSE:Security! Then, a break and onto CCNA. Then, who
    the heck knows. My brain is close to mush by now. Been
    hitting the exams since the first part of the year getting
    A+, NET+, MCSA and Server+.

    Paul, Sep 22, 2003
  12. Mikkel Sorensen

    MCSE World Guest

    Congratulations on your pass! :)

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    "pctech" <> wrote in message

    > I passed the security+ exam on the 26th with a score of 820. I used: MS
    > Press Security+, Security+ for Dummies, CISSP for Dummies, Sybex "Windows
    > 2000 Network Security Administration", and the CompTIA objectives. Avoid
    > Mike Meyer's Passport Security+, it sucks and it barely covers anything
    > that's on the exam. Learned that the hard way the first time that I took

    the

    MCSE World, Sep 28, 2003

  13. >-----Original Message-----

    I used Exam Cram2 Security+ and some free guides found on
    the internet.

    Mikkel Sorensen, Oct 2, 2003