    helped you prepare for the test and do good on it? I am a little nervouse
    about the exam because I do not know what to expect. Can anyone tell me what
    to expect?
    =?Utf-8?B?RGVyZWs=?=, Mar 6, 2007

  2. Derek wrote:
    > I purchased the comptia a+certification course and been studying it. I can
    > pass all the practic test on it and feel pretty good about goin take the a+
    > exam. Has anyone used this course before? If you have can you tell me if it
    > helped you prepare for the test and do good on it? I am a little nervouse
    > about the exam because I do not know what to expect. Can anyone tell me what
    > to expect?

    Derek,

    You might want to ask this in the mcdst newsgroup. There has been some
    discussion lately about A+ and N+ there.

    Good luck!

    --
    Jonathan Roberts
    MCTS: SQL Server 2005, MCP

    Information on MS VHD Images: http://tinyurl.com/y5bozl
    Great MS Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/default.aspx
    Feedback on 70-431 Exam: http://www.jonathanroberts.eu/?p=6
    Jonathan Roberts, Mar 7, 2007

  3. It depends on how much hands on you have. I've worked with computers since I
    was a kid (10 years old), and studied the Exam Cram book. I touched up on
    laser printers and IRQ's... Passed the test with flying colors. I already
    knew most of it.

    But, some people that are just getting into computers never had to setup a
    game that needed sound card IRQ's manually set. Or set resources manually.
    Or manage memory to squeeze out as much as they can to get 620KB to run
    Doom... The hands on is how I learn.

    Some learn by books. Look online for more practice tests. If you feel
    comfortable with them, go for it. I wasn't sure on the test, but as soon as
    I finished, I knew I passed. The questions were easy, and I just knew the
    stuff. I was stressing out over nothing.

    --
    Dustin Harper

    http://www.vistarip.com

    Dustin Harper, Mar 7, 2007
  4. I took the comptia class at my local college a couple years ago. microsoft
    dropped the certification. sure you will be comptia certified, but NOT
    microsoft. comptia has tons of technical errors in their books. It is great
    for discussion and learning though. the books were made in 4 countries..
    writing, typesetting, publishing, printing... etc. so expect errors. a simple
    internet search and verify test would have solved many print errors.
    materials were far out dated and not practical at times. I consider myself to
    be a medium schooled self taught computer tech. test or class results were
    mixed.. some times from experience, i knew more than the teacher, other times
    i had no idea where to start to answer the questions. computer learning 15
    years.
    the best training was working for a call center doing computer repairs over
    the phone. and fixing friends computers at my home. the web is great tool to
    learn.. but books provide tried, proven, tested, most accurate questions and
    answers. cisco has on line books, tests and updated constantly. que books are
    my favorite. A good book is far worth its money.. you can also buy used. most
    books are llikely a year old by the time you read them. it is not a suprise
    to see 4 year old materials in them. ms web browsers are updated monthly..
    magazines are way better resources for quick fixes and updates to current
    problems. a computer club is a great way to network with people of same
    interest.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZXJpYw==?=, Mar 11, 2007