    1
    The time and date readings on my PC keep on changing without
    any contact by me. HOW CAN i stop it:neutral:

    wilff1, Jul 22, 2010

  2. wilff1

    kristain

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2010
    Messages:
    5
    Location:
    United States
    RE: computer faults

    The main cause for a computer to lose time is a weak or dead CMOS battery on the motherboard.

    The purpose of the CMOS battery is to keep the BIOS settings such as time, date, and hard drive parameters alive when the computer is powered down.

    kristain, Jul 26, 2010

  3. wilff1

    greentech07

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    it could be a cause of CMOS battery on motherboard
    turn off automatic update of time and date
    use registry cleaner reginout

    greentech07, Aug 4, 2010