    a DVD.
    When I try and burn these files, I am told that the format is'nt recognised.

    I am using Nero. Thanks.
    BenBeck, Feb 27, 2005

  2. BenBeck

    Richard Guest

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 00:17:05 GMT BenBeck wrote:

    > Hi, I am a bit new to computers, so any advice keep it easy. lol

    > Can anyone tell me, either, how to comperss a 2Hr film on my hard drive
    > so
    > it will fit on a 80 min. CD, or, how to alter the format so I can burn
    > it to
    > a DVD.
    > When I try and burn these files, I am told that the format is'nt
    > recognised.

    > I am using Nero. Thanks.

    You'll need to split the entire film into at least 3 parts.
    You'll need a video editor which is capable of doing that.
    So that each part is a whole movie.
    Various freeware and cheap shareware on the web for that.
    Richard, Feb 27, 2005

  3. www.dvdhelp.com

    Johnny Phuckerfaster, Feb 27, 2005
  4. wrong link, try this, sorry about that
    http://www.videohelp.com/

    Johnny Phuckerfaster, Feb 27, 2005
  5. BenBeck

    Ionizer Guest

    > On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 00:17:05 GMT BenBeck wrote:
    >
    >> Hi, I am a bit new to computers, so any advice keep it easy. lol

    >> Can anyone tell me, either, how to comperss a 2Hr film on my hard drive
    >> so
    >> it will fit on a 80 min. CD, or, how to alter the format so I can burn
    >> it to
    >> a DVD.
    >> When I try and burn these files, I am told that the format is'nt
    >> recognised.

    >> I am using Nero. Thanks.

    > You'll need to split the entire film into at least 3 parts.
    > You'll need a video editor which is capable of doing that.
    > So that each part is a whole movie.
    > Various freeware and cheap shareware on the web for that.

    Your extremely vague advice is incorrect as well as being extremely vague.
    It is not necessary to "split the entire film into at least 3 parts" at
    all. And I can state that as fact even though the OP's question was
    annoyingly vague. For instance, a commercial dual-layer 9+GB DVD movie
    can be compressed and burned to DVD-R using DVD Shrink.
    http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/articles.php?article_id=23

    --
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Feb 27, 2005