    What sort of problems might I find?

    Under my rock, it seems to me that disk compression should be working pretty
    good by now and there ought to be no problems.

    Jeff Strickland, Jul 25, 2009

  2. Jeff Strickland

    JD Guest

    Jeff Strickland wrote:
    > I have never selected this option, until now.
    >
    > I'm working on a new install of XP Home on a small drive, and I selected the
    > Compress option to include all of C:\ and sub-folders. I also have the
    > Indexing Service invoked.
    >
    > What sort of problems might I find?
    >
    > Under my rock, it seems to me that disk compression should be working pretty
    > good by now and there ought to be no problems.

    You should get no problems from disk compression, bear in mind that you
    wont reclaim much space if you have a lot of compressed files like
    MP3's, AVI's etc.

    Also worth noting that when you are using a compressed file it has to be
    decompressed (in memory) so you may notice a small performance hit on
    slower machines.

    JD

    JD, Jul 25, 2009