    My OS : Windows XP Pro SP2 running MASP and NAV2005.
    Thanks
    yakis
    yakis, Jul 24, 2005

  2. yakis

    pcbutts1 Guest

    yakis, <> wrote:

    > Hi All, Can I compress my C:\ drive (system drive) and keep my system
    > stable with the compress C:\

    Hey, why didn't you get on the freeway there?

    > I am running with low disk space on C:\

    Does your mother know you are running with low disk space on c?

    > My OS : Windows XP Pro SP2 running MASP and NAV2005.

    Get rid of SP2.

    > Thanks yakis.

    Thanks for validating my reality. I thought it was just me.
    pcbutts1, Jul 24, 2005

  3. yakis

    Dave Lear Guest

    "yakis" wrote in message news:42e36547$0$7350$

    > Can I compress my C:\ drive (system drive) and keep my system
    > stable with the compress C:\? I am running with low disk space on C:\.
    > My OS : Windows XP Pro SP2 running MASP and NAV2005.

    How To Use Compressed (Zipped) Folders in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306531

    To compress an NTFS drive
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...ddocs/en-us/windows_fcab_compress_volume.mspx

    Both of the above articles assume you're running Windows XP on an NTFS
    formatted volume.
    Dave Lear, Jul 24, 2005
  4. yakis

    yakis Guest

    Thank you very much Dave, it has been a pleasure getting help from you, not
    like the other arsehole (pcbutts1), who the hell he thinks he is, he
    shouldn't be on this forum at all.
    Thanks again Dave,
    Cheers
    yakis

    yakis, Jul 24, 2005
  5. yakis

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 12:39:05 +0200, "yakis" <>
    wrote:

    >who the hell he thinks he is, he
    >shouldn't be on this forum at all.
    >Thanks again Dave,

    Forum, waht forum, did I miss somefin?

    and for the same reason."
    joevan, Jul 24, 2005
  6. yakis

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 12:39:05 +0200, yakis wrote:

    >Thank you very much Dave, it has been a pleasure getting help from you, not
    >like the other arsehole (pcbutts1), who the hell he thinks he is, he

    That's nice, straight away you start on the swearing. Mind you it's only
    your 4th post so maybe you don't know the trolls / bots yet. Still it
    seems strange how quickly you started.

    >shouldn't be on this forum at all.

    24HDHS doesn't seem to have ever been thought of as a forum, although in
    the dictionary definition it is.

    What is it, is a public unmoderated free for all. Get used to it.

    Also if there is anything really important you want to keep, before
    compressing anything backup important stuff and test the backup works
    first.

    >Thanks again Dave,
    >Cheers
    >yakis
    >"Dave Lear" <> wrote in message
    >> "yakis" wrote in message news:42e36547$0$7350$
    >>
    >>> Can I compress my C:\ drive (system drive) and keep my system
    >>> stable with the compress C:\? I am running with low disk space on C:\.
    >>> My OS : Windows XP Pro SP2 running MASP and NAV2005.

    >> How To Use Compressed (Zipped) Folders in Windows XP
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306531
    >>
    >> To compress an NTFS drive
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...ddocs/en-us/windows_fcab_compress_volume.mspx
    >>
    >> Both of the above articles assume you're running Windows XP on an NTFS
    >> formatted volume.

    Me
    why?, Jul 24, 2005
  7. yakis

    Fred Guest

    yakis, <>, whose name means "mature pansyboy; idiot;
    is seeing a sex therapist; small dick, fat arse", flared:

    > Thank you very much Dave, it has been a pleasure getting help from you,
    > not like the other arsehole (pcbutts1), who the hell he thinks he is, he
    > shouldn't be on this forum at all.

    Does he know that he is?

    > Thanks again Dave, Cheers yakis.

    Thanks for the help. [Sarcastically]
    Fred, Jul 24, 2005
  8. yakis

    pcbutts1 Guest

    yakis, <> wrote:

    > Thank you very much Dave, it has been a pleasure getting help from you,
    > not like the other arsehole (pcbutts1), who the hell he thinks he is, he
    > shouldn't be on this forum at all.

    My brother is, too.

    > Thanks again Dave, Cheers yakis.

    Ama thelo gamisma, tha poa stin mana sou.
    pcbutts1, Jul 24, 2005
  9. "yakis" <> wrote in

    > Thank you very much Dave, it has been a pleasure getting help from
    > you, not like the other arsehole (pcbutts1), who the hell he
    > thinks he is, he shouldn't be on this forum at all.
    > Thanks again Dave,
    > Cheers
    > yakis
    > "Dave Lear" <> wrote in message
    >> "yakis" wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Can I compress my C:\ drive (system drive) and keep my system
    >>> stable with the compress C:\? I am running with low disk space
    >>> on C:\. My OS : Windows XP Pro SP2 running MASP and NAV2005.

    >> How To Use Compressed (Zipped) Folders in Windows XP
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306531
    >>
    >> To compress an NTFS drive
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/pr
    >> oddocs/en-us/windows_fcab_compress_volume.mspx
    >>
    >> Both of the above articles assume you're running Windows XP on an
    >> NTFS formatted volume.

    The pcbutts you received a reply from is not the true pcbutts1, but
    instead a bot. The real pcbutts1 would have givena you a decent
    answer.

    Top

    --
    Freedom is never free....
    Top (retired), Jul 24, 2005
  10. yakis

    dwacon Guest

    "yakis" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    > Can I compress my C:\ drive (system drive) and keep my system stable with
    > the compress C:\? I am running with low disk space on C:\.

    If you are formatted NTFS go for it...

    ---
    Over 20,000 Adult Movies OnLine
    http://tinyurl.com/4vo8x