    Anyone know what can I do to make it fit?

    Thanks

    ARnaud
    Arno, Aug 15, 2004

  2. Arno

    Matt Guest

    ARnaud,

    they have double sided DVD's now would that help- split
    the Video in 1/2 ?

    by the way - - nice job Thorpe and the women's 400 freestyle
    relay
    Matt, Aug 15, 2004

  3. Arno

    Robert Baer Guest

    Arno wrote:

    > Guys,
    >
    > I havea Video File to big to burn on a DVD I recorded the olympic ceremony
    > and want to burn it on a DVD but it wont fit???
    >
    > Anyone know what can I do to make it fit?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > ARnaud

    See if you can change the format to something less intensive.
    I found a WMV recording format at 1.47Mbps which has slightly better
    resolution than all of the following: "DVD" (MPEG-2) at 8.00Mbps, "Good"
    (ATI VCR) at 6.00Mbps, "Longer" (ATI VCR) at 2.00Mbps, and "Video VCD"
    (MPEG-1) at 1.05Mbps.
    Robert Baer, Aug 15, 2004
  4. Arno

    Brad Griffis Guest

    Is it recorded as an mpg file? Here's an excellent video compression
    program:

    http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/te3xp.html

    It's not free, but it is really good. If you plan to do much video stuff
    it's worth paying for. You can recompress the file using a two-pass,
    variable bit rate encoder and maintain excellent quality at a smaller size.
    Alternatively, it has features that allow you to split an mpg file into
    multiple files so that you could simply burn it to multiple discs.

    Brad

    Brad Griffis, Aug 15, 2004