    of a magazine that has published an article to that effect.

    TIA!

    Al

    Al, Feb 9, 2007

  2. Al wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > searching the web hasn't yet brought up much of the kind of information
    > I am looking for: a comparison of several IAX-capable phones on the
    > market in terms of price, capabilities, user-friendliness, etc.
    >
    > Would anybody be aware of a site with such information or possibly know
    > of a magazine that has published an article to that effect.
    >
    > TIA!
    >
    > Al

    I don't really know any other than the PA1688 and AR168X varieties.

    Thomas Kenyon, Feb 9, 2007

  3. Al

    Tim Guest

    Al wrote:

    > searching the web hasn't yet brought up much of the kind of information
    > I am looking for: a comparison of several IAX-capable phones on the
    > market in terms of price, capabilities, user-friendliness, etc.

    There aren't many to choose from.

    Much more choice in the SIP phone market.

    Tim

    Tim, Feb 9, 2007
  4. Tim wrote:
    > Al wrote:
    >> searching the web hasn't yet brought up much of the kind of information
    >> I am looking for: a comparison of several IAX-capable phones on the
    >> market in terms of price, capabilities, user-friendliness, etc.

    > There aren't many to choose from.
    >
    > Much more choice in the SIP phone market.
    >
    > Tim

    Thinking of it, does anyone know of an IAX hardphone, with working call
    transfer?

    Thomas Kenyon, Feb 9, 2007
  5. Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    > Tim wrote:
    >> Al wrote:
    >>> searching the web hasn't yet brought up much of the kind of information
    >>> I am looking for: a comparison of several IAX-capable phones on the
    >>> market in terms of price, capabilities, user-friendliness, etc.

    >> There aren't many to choose from.
    >>
    >> Much more choice in the SIP phone market.
    >>
    >> Tim

    > Thinking of it, does anyone know of an IAX hardphone, with working call
    > transfer?

    The PA168S based ATCOM AT320 works (including transfer) with both the
    SIP and IAX2 firmware loaded.

    I recall having a problem with Transfer on one of the IAX2 firmware
    versions about a year ago but I changed to another version and it was
    solved.

    These days, I wouldn't touch that phone - but there was a time when I
    knew no better.

    I too, am looking forward to the day some of the quality brand suppliers
    begin to offer IAX2 based handsets. Until then, I normally stick with
    Aastra.

    ---
    Sean Browne
    Cardiff IT Support Ltd
    www.cardiffitsupport.com

    Cardiff IT Support Ltd, Feb 11, 2007
  6. Cardiff IT Support Ltd wrote:

    >> Thinking of it, does anyone know of an IAX hardphone, with working
    >> call transfer?

    > The PA168S based ATCOM AT320 works (including transfer) with both the
    > SIP and IAX2 firmware loaded.
    >
    > I recall having a problem with Transfer on one of the IAX2 firmware
    > versions about a year ago but I changed to another version and it was
    > solved.

    Ah, maybe the problem is solved then.

    > These days, I wouldn't touch that phone - but there was a time when I
    > knew no better.

    Afaict, Atcom have run out of PA168s anyway, so you'll be unlikely to
    get one.

    The one I've got here has been pretty solid, and significantly cheaper
    than an Aastra 9112i (and prettier imo), I guess you get what you pay for.

    Thomas Kenyon, Feb 12, 2007