    i have one in my garden...(a compost pile)
    but with all the humidity and heat...it's now starting to rot

    what should i do ? <g>

    philo, Aug 9, 2003

  2. philo

    philo Guest

    § GateKeeper § wrote:
    > First roll around in it like a little pig would. Then turn it and roll in it
    > some more. :)

    yeah
    i should have thought of that one myself <g>

    philo, Aug 9, 2003

  3. philo

    ÆnÎGmà Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    > i have one in my garden...(a compost pile)
    > but with all the humidity and heat...it's now starting to rot
    >
    > what should i do ? <g>

    Sounds like it's almost ready to eat

    ÆnÎGmÃ, Aug 9, 2003
  4. philo

    Bryan Guest

    "ÆnÎGmÃ" <> wrote in message
    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    >> i have one in my garden...(a compost pile)
    >> but with all the humidity and heat...it's now starting to rot
    >>
    >> what should i do ? <g>
    >>

    > Sounds like it's almost ready to eat

    .... or breed!
    ;)

    Bryan, Aug 9, 2003
  5. First roll around in it like a little pig would. Then turn it and roll in it
    some more. :)

    In news:bh30ri$u2lgi$-berlin.de,
    philo <> typed: With a :)

    § GateKeeper §, Aug 9, 2003
  6. philo

    Jimchip Guest

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 09:35:28 -0400, philo wrote:
    > i have one in my garden...(a compost pile)
    > but with all the humidity and heat...it's now starting to rot
    >
    > what should i do ? <g>

    Sounds like it's too anaerobic. Poke some holes in it or, if it's a big
    pile of shit, insert some lengths of PVC pipe :)

    --
    "I give up, you don't want to see that there is a difference between
    being in something and being in something that is attached to, a part

    Jimchip, Aug 9, 2003
  7. philo

    Jimchip Guest

    http://www.gardeners.com/gardening/content.asp?copy_id=5061

    > the cat peed on it
    >
    > now it's ruined :(

    Cat pee won't damage it. Animal feces can be a concern for food gardens.
    Cover it with something like:
    http://www.berryhilldrip.com/GroundCover.htm

    Jimchip, Aug 9, 2003
  8. philo

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as philo continued:

    > i have one in my garden...(a compost pile)
    > but with all the humidity and heat...it's now starting to rot
    >
    > what should i do ? <g>

    Get sweaty forking it over, loosening it up as you go. And don't worry about
    the flies, they have to be there :)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 10, 2003
  9. philo

    anthonyberet Guest

    philo wrote:
    > i have one in my garden...(a compost pile)
    > but with all the humidity and heat...it's now starting to rot
    >
    > what should i do ? <g>

    Isn't it supposed to rot?
    -Or am I being non-compost-mentis?
    bounce.
    anthonyberet

    anthonyberet, Aug 10, 2003
  10. philo

    philo Guest

    > Isn't it supposed to rot?
    > -Or am I being non-compost-mentis?

    aha!!!!

    someone finally understands my sense of humor

    (or lack of it )

    yes... indeed compost piles are supposed to rot!!!!

    but it is a good idea to turn them

    philo, Aug 10, 2003
  11. philo Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    <bh30ri$u2lgi$-berlin.de>:

    > i have one in my garden...(a compost pile)
    > but with all the humidity and heat...it's now starting to rot
    >
    > what should i do ? <g>

    Let me pick some up. I want to dump it in the living room of the
    annoying pieces of trash claiming to be my neighbors. <G>

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Aug 10, 2003
  12. "slumpy" <> wrote:

    >"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
    >threw back my head and roared with laughter as philo continued:
    >
    >> i have one in my garden...(a compost pile)
    >> but with all the humidity and heat...it's now starting to rot
    >>
    >> what should i do ? <g>

    >Get sweaty forking it over, loosening it up as you go.

    Completely unnecessary. It's a compost heap, not fucking topsoil.

    And don't worry about
    >the flies, they have to be there :)

    Complete bollocks. Flies are _harmful_ to the heap, you fucking
    retard. Happily, the heat generated within a healthy compost heap
    generally kills all fly eggs/larvae (as well as weed seeds, fruit
    beetle larvae, etc.).

    Not happy destroying other's PCs with your erroneous 'technical'
    support, now you want to **** up peoples' compost heaps?

    Now go suck on your exhaust pipe, you complete waste of oxygen.
    (You'll have to wait for your next battering as 'Straw Dogs' is just
    starting on Channel Four.)

    P.S. OP, don't go killing any huge white grubs you find. They're
    probably stag beetle larvae and are completely harmless (perhaps even
    beneficial, depending on the constituents of your heap), and, anyway,
    are nowadays a protected species.

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 10, 2003