    Can anyone tell me what program is shut down?
    Thanks,
    Fay
    Fayzee, Feb 9, 2004

  2. Fayzee

    Boomer Guest

    Fayzee, <> wrote:

    > For the last two weeks, each time I try to reply to or compose
    > e-mail I get an error message --Mwsvm (or is it Mswvm) program
    > performed an illegal operation & will shut down; if the problem
    > persists consult program vendor. I click ok & then I compose or
    > reply & it seems to go thru, as I don't get a message that it
    > failed to deliver. Come to think of it, I don't always get an
    > early reply,either. Can anyone tell me what program is shut
    > down? Thanks,
    > Fay

    What is the *exact* error message. Word for word please.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Boomer, Feb 9, 2004

  3. Fayzee

    DMG Guest

    mwsvm.exe and slmss.exe are a part of the seekseek web browser hijacker.

    Install and run adaware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    and spybot - search & destroy
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    DMG, Feb 9, 2004
  4. Fayzee

    Root Guest

    >Fayzee wrote:
    >
    > For the last two weeks, each time I try to reply to or compose e-mail I get
    > an error message --Mwsvm (or is it Mswvm) program performed an illegal
    > operation & will shut down; if the problem persists consult program vendor.
    > I click ok & then I compose or reply & it seems to go thru, as I don't get a
    > message that it failed to deliver. Come to think of it, I don't always get
    > an early reply,either.
    > Can anyone tell me what program is shut down?
    > Thanks,
    > Fay

    Last time I have email problems, I uninstalled and re-installed the
    Internet Explorer 5.5 which then re-installed the Outlook Express 5.5.

    Now I use Mozilla Thunderbird 0,4 which is quicker! So far no error
    messages or hangs. Can do a google search for Mozilla Thunderbird.
    Highly recommended.

    Hung
    Root, Feb 9, 2004