Component TV Hookup: Red,Blue,Green question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tom Tricep, Sep 9, 2007.

  1. Tom Tricep

    Tom Tricep Guest

    Please help:

    I have a high def 2004 Samsung 61" DLP with 3 seperate component video
    inputs. I just got a new digital high def DVR/Cable box from my cable
    provider, and what is happening is that The TV will show high def,
    but not regular broadcast through the component hookup.

    It worked fine before the new box, i.e., previous box showed high def
    and regular def channels.

    The cable person on the phone said that a component red,blue,green
    input in a TV will not show regular programming, if it is meant for
    High def.

    Question: is this correct?

    My DVD, which is connected to the TV through one of the red,blue,green
    component hook ups works just fine. It is not high def. It has been
    rotated through all three seperate component video hook ups.

    I am thinking it is the new box. Based on this info, would you agree?

    Thanks in advance!!!

    Tom Tricep

    Tom Tricep, Sep 9, 2007

  2. Tom Tricep

    ded Guest

    "Tom Tricep" <> wrote in message
    > Please help:
    >
    > I have a high def 2004 Samsung 61" DLP with 3 seperate component video
    > inputs. I just got a new digital high def DVR/Cable box from my cable
    > provider, and what is happening is that The TV will show high def,
    > but not regular broadcast through the component hookup.
    >
    > It worked fine before the new box, i.e., previous box showed high def
    > and regular def channels.
    >
    > The cable person on the phone said that a component red,blue,green
    > input in a TV will not show regular programming, if it is meant for
    > High def.
    >
    > Question: is this correct?

    No, the "cable person on the phone" is talking nonsense.
    He is implying that the Samsung's component inputs are Hi-D only,
    not true. The criteria/standard for component connection is set and
    clearly defined.

    ded, Sep 9, 2007

  3. Tom Tricep

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Why not use the HDMI connection.

    pcbutts1, Sep 9, 2007
  4. Tom Tricep

    Ozark Guest

    On Sep 9, 3:18 pm, Tom Tricep <> wrote:
    > Please help:
    >
    > I have a high def 2004 Samsung 61" DLP with 3 seperate component video
    > inputs. I just got a new digital high def DVR/Cable box from my cable
    > provider, and what is happening is that The TV will show high def,
    > but not regular broadcast through the component hookup.
    >
    > It worked fine before the new box, i.e., previous box showed high def
    > and regular def channels.
    >
    > The cable person on the phone said that a component red,blue,green
    > input in a TV will not show regular programming, if it is meant for
    > High def.
    >
    > Question: is this correct?
    >
    > My DVD, which is connected to the TV through one of the red,blue,green
    > component hook ups works just fine. It is not high def. It has been
    > rotated through all three seperate component video hook ups.
    >
    > I am thinking it is the new box. Based on this info, would you agree?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!!!
    >
    > Tom Tricep

    Sounds like your cable person is wrong. Did it work before? Tell your
    cable company to send someone out with a new box that can make it work
    or stuff their high def.
    Ozark

    Ozark, Sep 9, 2007
  5. Tom Tricep

    Leythos Guest

    In article <fc1lun$nlc$>, pcbutts1
    @leythosthestalker.com says...
    > Why not use the HDMI connection.

    Because most cable TV providers don't give customers HDMI cables, they
    provide component cables for free.

    --
    Leythos - (remove 999 to email me)

    Fight exposing kids to porn, complain about sites like PCBUTTS1.COM that
    create filth and put it on the web for any kid to see: Just take a look
    at some of the FILTH he's created and put on his website:
    http://forums.speedguide.net/archive/index.php/t-223485.html all exposed
    'exposed to kids'.

    Leythos, Sep 10, 2007
  6. Tom Tricep