    lcd set now & alot of the letters/titles are blurry on the edges.i
    want a lot better picture.The component cables I have are
    red/blue/green.

    teem, Dec 29, 2005

  2. teem

    Guest

    The difference between the yellow composite plug and the S-Video plug
    is like night and day. I can't believe I stuck with the yellow plug as
    long as I did after seeing S-Video.

    Component is a step above S-Video. Not as dramatic as composite to
    S-Video, but still a jump.

    - Jordan

    , Dec 29, 2005

  3. teem

    kaydigi Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > The difference between the yellow composite plug and the S-Video plug
    > is like night and day. I can't believe I stuck with the yellow plug as
    > long as I did after seeing S-Video.
    >
    > Component is a step above S-Video. Not as dramatic as composite to
    > S-Video, but still a jump.
    >
    > - Jordan

    They are even putting component plugs in standards TV's!!!!!!!

    kaydigi, Dec 29, 2005
  4. teem

    Large Farva Guest

    Yes. The red/white/yellow is crap.

    Large Farva, Dec 29, 2005
  5. teem

    3W Guest

    "teem" <> wrote in message
    > Are these really better than the red/white/yellow set up?.i have an
    > lcd set now & alot of the letters/titles are blurry on the edges.i
    > want a lot better picture.The component cables I have are
    > red/blue/green.

    Much better, but don't pay more than $10 for a set of three cables. You can
    easily find good cables online for that price, and their just as good as the
    overpriced Monster cables. Even Radio Shags own brand is $50. Ridiculous.

    3W, Dec 30, 2005
  6. teem

    teem Guest

    Uh OHH!,I did just that!$31.something from Radical Shack.How can you
    get $10 cables if they do a better job than the
    Red/White/Yellows?.What's the metalic makeup on these pups?.Or are
    they just ''shielded w/gold plating''?.What about those Monster cable
    sets,eh?.You gotta be a fool to but them!.On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:15:58

    teem, Dec 30, 2005
  7. teem

    Alyssa Guest

    I belive component cables hae each colour on its own cable and thus
    makes a better picture while the others scramble them together.

    Simple explanation that is. Component is just better. Wish my DVD
    player had component. Only got Svideo. But iam going to buy a
    DVD/divxplayer soon with component. So i will see if i can see the
    difference between Svideo and component. Its go progresive scan as
    well. No like my current player.

    Which is more a stereo/combo dvd player 5 disc one. Still good though
    :)

    Alyssa, Dec 31, 2005
  8. teem

    Doonie Guest

    On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 03:42:19 GMT, teem wrote:

    >Are these really better than the red/white/yellow set up?.i have an
    >lcd set now & alot of the letters/titles are blurry on the edges.i
    >want a lot better picture.The component cables I have are
    >red/blue/green.

    You should have had the sales guy throw in a set of component cables
    when you bought your TV.

    Doonie, Jan 1, 2006
  9. teem

    Alyssa Guest

    Are you sure they are cpononent or composite rgb cables ?

    Alyssa, Jan 1, 2006
  10. teem

    Alyssa Guest

    Yeah redblue green is Component.. I suppose this is conected to a PC.

    What videocard you using.

    Alyssa, Jan 1, 2006
  11. > >On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 03:42:19 GMT, teem wrote:

    > >>Are these really better than the red/white/yellow set up?.i have an
    > >>lcd set now & alot of the letters/titles are blurry on the edges.i
    > >>want a lot better picture.The component cables I have are
    > >>red/blue/green.

    > > You should have had the sales guy throw in a set of component cables
    > >when you bought your TV.

    The red/white/yellow trio cables are for video (yellow) plus two-channel
    audio (red/white). The three cables may be of the same type. Or it may be
    that the red/white pair are audio cables, not intended for video use
    (insufficient bandwidth due to improper impedance).

    In the latter case, you would NOT want to use this cable to carry component
    signals. Component requires three video cables.

    Margrave of Brandenburg, Jan 2, 2006
  12. teem

    teem Guest

    Yea,Well gues what?.I installed those component cables & theres NO
    SOUND!,i tried different combonations-exts 1,2 & nothing,the picture
    came on,but it didnt look any better than the yellow/red/whiteys,thank
    you.On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 22:28:17 -0500, "Margrave of Brandenburg"

    teem, Jan 2, 2006
  13. Duh! Component cables are for the video. The audio is a separate connection.

    Margrave of Brandenburg, Jan 2, 2006
  14. teem

    teem Guest

    So,I need those red white & yellow ones?. DUH!On Mon, 2 Jan 2006

    teem, Jan 3, 2006
  15. teem

    Alyssa Guest

    Wondering why i hav eno had sound on my HTTP system for the past year
    and a half DOH :p

    Alyssa, Jan 3, 2006