    but I don't know which one has better video or picture result?
    thanks, I really appreciate it.

    , Feb 21, 2007

  2. Texan_2112 Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Which one has better result by connecting component cable to
    > Amplifier
    > or directly to TV?
    >
    > since when I am connecting the cable to directly to TV I can save
    > one
    > component cable.
    > but I don't know which one has better video or picture result?
    > thanks, I really appreciate it.

    Multiple HDMI-enabled devices exist today. If you have several, or
    perhaps more than your HDTV can accept, using a home theater receiver
    to switch multiple HDMI signals could be of use to you. Beware that
    some older HDMI enabled equipment don't support HDCP content
    protection and will be rejected by your 'amplifier'.

    Texan_2112, Feb 21, 2007

  3. Zymergy Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Which one has better result by connecting component cable to Amplifier
    > or directly to TV?
    >
    > since when I am connecting the cable to directly to TV I can save one
    > component cable.
    > but I don't know which one has better video or picture result?
    > thanks, I really appreciate it.

    What receiver, tv and other components do you have? Do you have enough
    inputs on tv for all your components? Everyone has setup that fits their
    personal nuiances, so it really come down to what you like,

    I bought a new Marantz receiver and I run everything through it since it
    handles HDMI and Component and converts RCA/S-video to component. My old
    setup the SS recevier only had RCA so I ran everything through TV, and only
    audio through receiver.

    Zymergy, Feb 21, 2007
  4. "Texan_2112" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Which one has better result by connecting component cable to Amplifier
    >> or directly to TV?
    >>
    >> since when I am connecting the cable to directly to TV I can save one
    >> component cable.
    >> but I don't know which one has better video or picture result?
    >> thanks, I really appreciate it.
    >>

    > Multiple HDMI-enabled devices exist today. If you have several, or perhaps
    > more than your HDTV can accept, using a home theater receiver to switch
    > multiple HDMI signals could be of use to you. Beware that some older HDMI
    > enabled equipment don't support HDCP content protection and will be
    > rejected by your 'amplifier'.

    Now there's an intelligent answer directly dealing with COMPONENT inputs.

    The real answer depends. You didn't tell us how many inputs your TV has,
    how they are being used, the inputs to your amp, or even what component
    you're trying to connect to your TV.

    In most cases I would say go direct to the TV. If you're hurting for TV
    inputs, the amp can be useful. If you have a fancy remote for your amp, it
    may be easier for remote operations and programming to use your amp.
    Another consideration is that some amps have video upconversion
    capabilities, which in some cases may be better than the upconverter in your
    TV (not usually, because f you have that high end an amp you probably have a
    good tv).

    The Polish Bicycle Ride, Feb 21, 2007