Component Cable Question

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bob, Jun 12, 2011.

  1. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Hello,

    Just bought a new JVC Camcorder.

    For a Component Cable to mate with a TV from their website, and also via
    Best Buy, they want $30.
    Wow!
    Our TV is older, and can't use an HDMI cable

    Amazon seems to have the same type of cable for 5 or 10 bucks.

    Think there's anything special about the JVC one ?

    The cable in question is their part No.QAM 1266-001

    It's a 3X RCA to 12 Pin Male (Red, Blue, Green for the RCA connector
    ends)

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Bob, Jun 12, 2011

  2. Bob

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Bob <> wrote:
    >Hello,
    >
    >Just bought a new JVC Camcorder.
    >
    >For a Component Cable to mate with a TV from their website, and also via
    >Best Buy, they want $30.
    >Wow!
    >Our TV is older, and can't use an HDMI cable
    >
    >Amazon seems to have the same type of cable for 5 or 10 bucks.
    >
    >Think there's anything special about the JVC one ?

    The JVC logo.

    Ray Fischer, Jun 12, 2011

  3. Bob

    Bob Dobbs Guest

    Moro Grubb of Little Delving wrote:

    >Why all HDMI cables are the same:
    >http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20056502-1/why-all-hdmi-cables-are-the-same/
    >
    >/M

    That's a very revealing article and I can attest to its validity.
    About a couple years ago when I went to get a TOSlink (fiber optic) cable to go
    from the TV to the AV sound system I found one in a package deal that contained
    several cables including HDMI for about $28 at the local Fry's. They were all
    generic types. I ended up using the HDMI cable when I added a BD player to the
    stack and it's worked out just fine.
    Oh, once as I was moving some of the gear around I partially dislodged one of
    the HDMI cables (to the DVD player I think) and it resulted in a chromatic
    distortion, like something psychedelic, that corrected when I pushed the
    connector all the way in.
    --

    http://bit.ly/g2PCII

    Bob Dobbs, Jun 13, 2011
  4. Bob

    J. Clarke Guest

    In article <3cabbc08-fec8-4af5-8f12-03c42ab25311
    @r33g2000prh.googlegroups.com>, says...

    > On Jun 12, 5:38 am, Bob <> wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > Just bought a new JVC Camcorder.
    > >
    > > For a Component Cable to mate with a TV from their website, and also via
    > > Best Buy, they want $30.
    > > Wow!
    > > Our TV is older, and can't use an HDMI cable
    > >
    > > Amazon seems to have the same type of cable for 5 or 10 bucks.
    > >
    > > Think there's anything special about the JVC one ?
    > >
    > > The cable in question is their part No.QAM 1266-001
    > >
    > > It's a 3X  RCA to 12 Pin Male   (Red, Blue, Green for the RCA connector
    > > ends)
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Bob

    > Why all HDMI cables are the same:
    > http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20056502-1/why-all-hdmi-cables-are-the-same/

    That's nice but how is it helpful to someone whose equipment doesn't
    have an HDMI input?

    J. Clarke, Jun 14, 2011
  5. Bob

    Bob Dobbs Guest

    Bob Dobbs, Jun 14, 2011
  6. Bob

    John Turco Guest

    Alan Browne wrote:

    <heavily edited for brevity>

    > When I bought my widescreen television, the store HDMI was $60.00.
    > I bought it at the local electronics store for less than $20.

    It should be far lower than $10.00 USD, these days. (Cables are a
    real racket!)

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>