Component cable question

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by cjdaytonjrnospam@cox.net, Mar 9, 2007.

  1. Guest

    "P" <> wrote:
    > One of the biggest audio scams there is, right up there with the green
    > "CD pen".
    >
    > Buy cheap speaker wire and you'll never notice the difference.

    He's not talking about speaker wire, but component cable.

    Chip

    Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
    , Mar 9, 2007

  2. Guest

    wrote:
    > What is the best value of the money between Monster component cable or
    > Acoustic Research component cable? the price is not that much
    > different though, but Is Monster Cable really that good? I heard that
    > Monster really that good compare to others? is that true?
    > I am comparing Monster Video=AE 3 High-Resolution Component Video Cable
    > http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=3D241 and PRO II
    > Serie
    > http://www.araccessories.com/Cultures/en-US/Recoton AR/Product Catalog.ht
    > m?=
    > ModelNum=3DPR190&CatalogNavigationBreadCrumbs=3DRecoton%20-%20Acoustic%20
    > Re=
    > search;Premium%20Interconnects;PRO%20II%20Series;Video;Component%20Video&
    > Pr= oductDetail=3DYES
    >
    > thanks.

    Step away from the Monster and Acoustic Reasearch cables! NOW!
    Go to www.monoprice.com or www.svideo.com and buy the cables
    there. Generics are just as good as high priced ones. Really!

    Chip

    Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
    , Mar 9, 2007

  3. Guest

    , Mar 9, 2007
  4. SoCalCommie Guest

    Neither. Both are overhyped advertizing BS.

    SoCalCommie

    "Behind every great fortune is a crime." - Honore de Balzac

    <> wrote in message
    What is the best value of the money between Monster component cable or
    Acoustic Research component cable? the price is not that much
    different though, but Is Monster Cable really that good? I heard that
    Monster really that good compare to others? is that true?
    I am comparing Monster Video® 3 High-Resolution Component Video Cable
    http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=241 and PRO II
    Serie
    http://www.araccessories.com/Cultur...eries;Video;Component Video&ProductDetail=YES

    thanks.
    SoCalCommie, Mar 9, 2007
  5. P Guest

    P, Mar 9, 2007
  6. Cass Lewart Guest

    SoCalCommie () wrote:
    : Neither. Both are overhyped advertizing BS.

    I agree 100%
    Cass

    : news:...

    Cass Lewart, Mar 9, 2007
  7. Karl S Guest

    On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 12:04:37 GMT, SoCalCommie wrote:

    > Neither. Both are overhyped advertizing BS.

    I agree.

    Here is a good place to buy excellent quality cables at reasonable prices:
    http://www.monoprice.com/home/index.asp
    Karl S, Mar 9, 2007
  8. Bill Jeffrey Guest

    > Step away from the Monster and Acoustic Research cables! NOW!
    > Go to www.monoprice.com or www.svideo.com and buy the cables
    > there. Generics are just as good as high priced ones. Really!
    >
    > Chip

    Six out of six responses agree that Monster Cable and AR Cable are
    overhyped BS. And you know what, boys? He's going to go out and buy one
    of them anyway. And then come back to the group and regale us all with
    how wonderful they are.

    The BS'ers rely on the gullibility of such people - and apparently they
    are successful.

    Bill
    Bill Jeffrey, Mar 9, 2007
  9. No Way Guest

    On 9 Mar 2007 03:40:07 -0800, wrote:

    >What is the best value of the money between Monster component cable or
    >Acoustic Research component cable? the price is not that much
    >different though, but Is Monster Cable really that good? I heard that
    >Monster really that good compare to others? is that true?

    Do yourself a favor and hop over to monoprice.com. You just can't go
    wrong.
    No Way, Mar 9, 2007
  10. Ron Guest

    On Mar 9, 7:39 am, "P" <> wrote:
    > One of the biggest audio scams there is, right up there with the green "CD
    > pen".
    >
    > Buy cheap speaker wire and you'll never notice the difference.

    Guess you don't use Rain X on your CD's either?
    Ron, Mar 9, 2007
  11. On 3/09/2007, posted this:
    > "P" <> wrote:
    >> One of the biggest audio scams there is, right up there with the green
    >> "CD pen".
    >>
    >> Buy cheap speaker wire and you'll never notice the difference.

    > He's not talking about speaker wire, but component cable.
    >
    > Chip

    Same advice, mutatis mutandis.

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Gino)
    letters617blochg3251
    Gene E. Bloch, Mar 9, 2007
  12. On 3/09/2007, Bill Jeffrey posted this:
    >> Step away from the Monster and Acoustic Research cables! NOW!
    >> Go to www.monoprice.com or www.svideo.com and buy the cables
    >> there. Generics are just as good as high priced ones. Really!
    >>
    >> Chip

    > Six out of six responses agree that Monster Cable and AR Cable are overhyped
    > BS. And you know what, boys? He's going to go out and buy one of them anyway.
    > And then come back to the group and regale us all with how wonderful they
    > are.
    >
    > The BS'ers rely on the gullibility of such people - and apparently they are
    > successful.
    >
    > Bill

    I read the customer reviews and testimonials on a site for some kind of
    paint to improve the contacts on plugs & jacks. Wish I could post the
    link, but I didn't bookmark it, and unfortunately I've forgotten it.

    Most of the people seemed to use it on the audio and video connections,
    as I would've expected, but some people used it on their power cord
    connectors, and they raved about the resulting great improvement in the
    sound-stage and presence.

    Bill Jeffrey, P. T. Barnum, and H. L. Mencken were right.

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Gino)
    letters617blochg3251
    Gene E. Bloch, Mar 9, 2007
  13. Tam/WB2TT Guest

    <> wrote in message
    What is the best value of the money between Monster component cable or
    Acoustic Research component cable? the price is not that much
    different though, but Is Monster Cable really that good? I heard that
    Monster really that good compare to others? is that true?
    I am comparing Monster Video® 3 High-Resolution Component Video Cable
    http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=241 and PRO II
    Serie
    http://www.araccessories.com/Cultur...eries;Video;Component Video&ProductDetail=YES

    thanks.\

    If you don't want to mess around with mail order, check out Radio Shack at
    http://www.radioshack.com/search/in...video cable&origkw=component video cable&sr=1

    We are talking about the $10 - $20 price range here.

    Tam
    Tam/WB2TT, Mar 10, 2007
  14. MassiveProng Guest

    On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 08:48:48 -0500, "Tam/WB2TT"
    <t-tammaru@c0mca$t.net> Gave us:

    >We are talking about the $10 - $20 price range here.

    Component cables for ten or twenty dollars? Sure bub.
    MassiveProng, Mar 10, 2007
  15. Smarty Guest

    Tam is absolutely correct.

    http://www.cablewholesale.com/popupspecs/10r4-03103.htm sells them for about
    16 bucks. The longer ones are also under twenty bucks.

    Smarty

    "MassiveProng" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Smarty, Mar 10, 2007
  16. WGD Guest

    If your source box(es) and TV have HDMI ports, go that way. You will be
    pleased. And DON NOT, repeat, DO NOT buy HDMI stuff from Monster.

    Also, suggest that if you would like to place your HD iron on one side of
    the room and the TV on the other, consider GEFEN's HDTV-CAT5e extenders.

    And yes, if you do NEED component cables, GoTo virtually any Internet site
    that sells AV cables and pick up virtually anyone's component cable. You
    WILL save considerably.

    Wayne Dengel

    WGD, Mar 10, 2007
  17. bearman Guest

    "MassiveProng" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 08:48:48 -0500, "Tam/WB2TT"
    > <t-tammaru@c0mca$t.net> Gave us:
    >
    >>We are talking about the $10 - $20 price range here.

    > Component cables for ten or twenty dollars? Sure bub.

    One of my component cables is from Wal-Mart. About $17. Works great.

    Save some $$$ and don't get Monster or anything over $20. They are the
    triumph of advertising over common sense.

    Check out the Internet for good prices. Google component cables.
    --
    Bearman

    America: Land of the free because of the brave.
    bearman, Mar 10, 2007
  18. MassiveProng Guest

    On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 13:53:49 -0700, "bearman" <> Gave us:

    >"MassiveProng" <> wrote in
    >message news:...
    >> On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 08:48:48 -0500, "Tam/WB2TT"
    >> <t-tammaru@c0mca$t.net> Gave us:
    >>
    >>>We are talking about the $10 - $20 price range here.

    >> Component cables for ten or twenty dollars? Sure bub.

    >One of my component cables is from Wal-Mart. About $17. Works great.

    Yeah, I realized after sending that I was thinking of HDMI.

    >Save some $$$ and don't get Monster or anything over $20. They are the
    >triumph of advertising over common sense.

    But... but... but... high resolution, man! Bwuahahahaha!

    I agree.

    >Check out the Internet for good prices. Google component cables.

    Ebay has a wide array of cheapy solutions.

    Hell three coax composite cables ran separate would work.
    MassiveProng, Mar 10, 2007
  19. Smarty Guest

    >>"MassiveProng" <> wrote in
    >>message news:...
    >>> On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 08:48:48 -0500, "Tam/WB2TT"
    >>> <t-tammaru@c0mca$t.net> Gave us:

    >>> Component cables for ten or twenty dollars? Sure bub.

    >>One of my component cables is from Wal-Mart. About $17. Works great.
    >>

    > Yeah, I realized after sending that I was thinking of HDMI.

    Wrong again!

    HDMI cables are about ***the same price***. Here's one for about 15 bucks.
    The 6 foot length is a dollar more.

    http://www.cablewholesale.com/popupspecs/hdmi-01103.htm
    Smarty, Mar 10, 2007
  20. Alan Guest

    In article <> writes:
    >On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 08:48:48 -0500, "Tam/WB2TT"
    ><t-tammaru@c0mca$t.net> Gave us:
    >
    >>We are talking about the $10 - $20 price range here.

    > Component cables for ten or twenty dollars? Sure bub.

    Why not. If you only need 25 to 50 feet, that price is about right.

    The ones I bought were only about 6 feet long, so I got them for a good
    deal less.

    Alan
    Alan, Mar 10, 2007