Complicated Network/Printer Question

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by brhjunior, Nov 6, 2008.

1. brhjunior

brhjunior

I will do my best to explain my setup and what I am trying to accomplish.

-I have a Linksys WRT310N Router hooked up to cable internet that serves the internet to two Vista laptops wirelessly.
    -There is also a windows home server PC hooked via cable to the router as well that is used for wirelessly backing up the PCs and also serves media to them and a Xbox(wireless as well).
    -What I want to do is place a Brother 420CN Printer in another room that the two laptops can print to over wireless. The printer has a LAN port. Originally I had the printer hooked up to the linksys and was printing to it fine, but there is no real good place to put the printer where the cable jack is.
    -My plan is to use a second router that I have, D-Link DI-524, to hook up to the printer in the other room.
    -My question is, is there a way to use the second router as a sort of print server to send the print jobs to since the printer has a LAN connection.

Any help is appreciated. I'll keep checking back in case there are any things i missed.
    brhjunior, Nov 6, 2008
    1. Advertising